Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-06-2023, 11:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Headlight bulbs for 2018 Vista 29VE

I've been trying to find something in the Winnebago docs that lists what the headlight bulbs are. So far no luck.

Has anyone replaced theirs and if so what bulbs were used? I currently have the low beam out on the drivers side, but want to make sure that I have a spare low beam and high beam bulb with me on trips just in case, and didn't want to have to pull the bulbs just to find out what's currently being used.

Thanks,
Burt
burt6274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:57 PM   #2
Site Team

I would guess it would be an H1, but that is a guess. Is it hard to get the bulb out?
Old 01-07-2023, 05:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We are snowbirding at an rv resort in Florida and I was wondering if the lights have seperate bulbs or you have to replace the whole projector style light assembly. So far mine have given me no problem but it would be nice to know what's behind there and maybe have a spare.
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I was hoping that someone else had replaced theirs and would have some first hand knowledge.

I'm not as flexible as I used to be and can't really reach the bulb without crawling underneath and weaving myself up into the space behind the headlights. There isn't a lot of room, and the weather is cold and nasty here so I'm not planning on doing it until it warms up.

Or, probably better yet when I take it in next week to have the rear tires spin balanced I'll have the shop change out the bulb.

I'm planning on getting an extra bulb for low and high beams to have for spares just in case. (I'm pretty sure they are different)

We don't drive at night, but if there was an emergency where we had to need to be sure that the headlights are all working fine.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Have you tried YouTube? I did my 26 HE two years ago. Right headlight burnt out first and then the drivers side. Easy to change,
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 08:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks,

I'd seen that video in my quest. But the low beams on our like quite a bit different than what was in the video.

I'll have to crawl under to be able to reach the back of the fixture and try to remove the bulb to check it out.

Looking at the Winnebago docs they just list assemblies and not the actual bulbs. They also don't indicate if the headlights are LED, HID or regular.

When it warms up a bit I'll try crawling up in to gain access.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I had a bulb go out on a trip in 2019 29ve, so I get underneath to pull out to see what kind of bulb it needed and noticed that the bulb had come out the socket.

I simply put it back in and it worked. It would have been easy fix to replace much easier than auto these days. I don't have any extras as I will replace when /if needed.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:36 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I had a bulb go out on a trip in 2019 29ve, so I get underneath to pull out to see what kind of bulb it needed and noticed that the bulb had come out the socket.

I simply put it back in and it worked. It would have been easy fix to replace much easier than auto these days. I don't have any extras as I will replace when /if needed.
Did the bulb have a spring clip holding it in?
Did it look like the H1 pictured in the second post?
Old 01-07-2023, 10:47 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Did the bulb have a spring clip holding it in?
Did it look like the H1 pictured in the second post?
I don't really remember but I want to say I don't think so.

The bulb was actually loose inside the light fixture. I had to fish it out of the light fixture and then plug it back into the socket and then twist the socket back onto the fixture. All I know I was expecting a major pain and it was incredibly easy.

WBGO / Ford may not know about Human Factors Engineering when it comes to adding oil to a F-53 chassis, but they nailed it on how to change a light bulb. When I finished I was looking for more to do

When I went back to the RV, my wife said are you gonna wait to we get home to fix the light? She was baffled how I fixed with no parts so fast

Now it is mystery how the bulb came out of socket. Because the light use to always work. My guess is the impact from some cones that we ran over that had fallen off a truck in front of us?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 01-07-2023, 11:13 AM   #10
Site Team

Thanks! If it was a twist-on collar, then I doubt it is an H1 bulb.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Thanks! If it was a twist-on collar, then I doubt it is an H1 bulb.
I just went out to look and it was the front passenger park light (yellow) that was the lowest to the ground.

The High and Low beams are higher up and they all appear to have similar twist off sockets from the back. However on the front only one had a bulb I could actually see in fixture, the other is a different design. Both the high and low beams have part numbers on the outside bulb cover / frame assembly. It is easy to get the part numbers to look up what replacement parts if any that may be needed.

The fact that all seem to twist off from the back suggest they can be changed, but it may be 3 different types of bulbs?

If I am OP wanting to have bulbs before a failure, I would just call WBGO to get the bulb replacement sizes for all 3 fixtures.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:09 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We had a break in the weather, with the rain letting up and it was a bit warmer this morning so I went out and using a step ladder I could just manage to squeeze in the "hood" opening and reach the drivers side low beam.

I was able to twist it off and for this 2018 Vista 29VE it is a H9 bulb with a right angle connector.

Picked up a pair of bulbs at Autozone and replaced the drivers side. It was a bit of a pain to squeeze in though the hood, but actually better than it would have been trying to come up from the bottom.

For the high beams and fog lights I'll have to get to those from the bottom.

When we have a totally try day I'll replace the passenger side, even though that one hasn't died yet, but they do tend to go out in pairs so probably a good idea to change that one too before our next trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 10-07-08 SilverStar Headlight and Fog Light Bulb H9ST2.png
Views:	28
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	184936  
Old 01-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Wanted to thank everyone that responded to my initial request.

Tags
light