Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-27-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Entry door latch issue - not aligned or latching

I searched for this issue which I thought might be common, since my last Winnebago had similar issues...

Our new 2021 Adventurer is fantastic as long as you don't go in and out the entry door.. lol. The latch mechanism seems to be about 1/8th inch off so we need to slam the door 3 - 4 times before it stays closed. I looked for a way to adjust but it appears that both spring loaded receiver and mounted bolt are not adjustable.

In addition, the whole door handle is loose no matter how much I tighten the three bolts, which means that the actual top bolt lock never lines up either.

Is there a fix? Do I replace the whole thing (under warrantee)? Or is there a total upgrade option that I should consider?

I've actually had the door swing wide open while driving down the road, even with the lock on!

Thanks for any advice...
WineCoWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 08:07 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Since it sounds like your vehicle is still under warranty, I would probably go that route. I used a Dremel to open up the receiver latch a little more and that solved my issue but I was way out of warranty.

There is some movement on the receiver latch if you play around with it you might want to check that first because getting a warranty claim repaired could be a bitch.

Tags
door