Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2021, 07:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Angry Cracking noise from the overhead front speakers

Recently I had an issue with my back up camera showing a "No Video" error message on my InfoTainment display screen.
We were about 5 hours away from reaching the Winnebago Int'l factory in Park City, Iowa for some custom dining table work when the message appeared on the screen. We have a 2016 Winnebago Journey model 38P.
There, the great folks at Winnebago replaced the Video Switch in the River Park Infotainment unit. That solved the issue until about 5 hours after we left Winnebago returning home to Florida, got the "No Video" message back. I called and spoke to my service advisor at WI and he recommended taking it to LazyDays in Tampa when we got home.
LD determined the new Video Switch was damaged by the InfoTainment unit and both needed to be replaced.
WI sent LD a replacement Video Switch and River Park sent a new InfoTainment unit. After the install when I started driving away from LD and went over 45 mph on the highway, that's when a cracking noise started coming out from overhead front speakers. I exited I-4 and returned back to LD where River Park customer service suggested to insulate the cable contact connections on the back of the unit using electrical tape. It did not work and the cracking noise still there.
Anyone here had experienced this or any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!

Tags
noise