Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
2007 Itasca Meridian SE

Update: 2007 itasca meridian - jumpup bar

So, as you might remember my RV had a rotten floor in the area where the jumpup bar ties into the RV floor. My fear was the fix would be in the $6-8,000 range. I took it to a local repair facility and they kept it for 2 months and then told me they could not fix it. I then took it to Channelview RV Supply (Channelview is near Houston city center). These guys are first class!!!

First of all - they service desk is manned by Maritza - who is very professional and a delight to work with. Thru the whole effort she kept me informed.

I had several things to fix besides the jumpbar and Kevin took care of those three jobs - one being the installation of a new inverter/charger. All done in a most professional manner and with reasonable cost.

Then they got to the jumpup bar - the procedure was to take the slide out and repair the rotten floor of the RV - reinstall the jumpbar and return the slide. I had talked with Winnebago previously and they gave me an estimate of around $3,000. But that meant a long trip to Forest City IA. Channelview's estimate was for $4200. When done the bill was actually $3300. Needless to say I was very happy with the work done (they fixed it so this issue will never happen again) and the price and time spent in the shop was better than my expectations.

So I give Channelview RV Supply a Grade of A+. So if you are in the Houston area and you need something done - these guys are top notch. You will be treated professionally and the cost will be fair.

Dennis
Planet Houston
Kewlbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I give up.. whats a jump bar?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #3
2007 Itasca Meridian SE

Jump Up Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
I give up.. whats a jump bar?
Our Itasca Meridian has HWH systems for the slides.

It is a board connected to the floor of the RV (not the slide) that has a High Density Molecular Weight material on it that allows the bottom of the slide to move with limited friction. The slide literally jumps up (it moves vertical before it moves laterally) just enough for the slide to move in and out. The jump up board is the device that allows all this to happen.

Hope this helps.

Dennis
Planet Houston
Kewlbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca