Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

A nagging small parts problem

Greetings to everyone!
I recently noticed that the little plastic dust caps on my rig's pantograph wiper arms (the ones up by the wiper blades) are just about falling apart. Sooo, I went on a futile internet search---Google was no help--- to try to locate replacement caps. Looked 'til I was double-crosseyed, all to no avail. Has anyone out there run into the same problem? If you found a source or an alternate solution I' d be obliged if you would clue me in.

Thanks,

Fred
phreddyphrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreddyphrog View Post
Greetings to everyone!
I recently noticed that the little plastic dust caps on my rig's pantograph wiper arms (the ones up by the wiper blades) are just about falling apart. Sooo, I went on a futile internet search---Google was no help--- to try to locate replacement caps. Looked 'til I was double-crosseyed, all to no avail. Has anyone out there run into the same problem? If you found a source or an alternate solution I' d be obliged if you would clue me in.

Thanks,

Fred
If you include more details about your rig, idealistically in your (CR) signature line, it helps us to help you better. And, a photo doesn’t hurt, but only serves your cause...
Old 08-18-2020, 05:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Might try these folks:

www.amequipment.com/

They have been mentioned before as a source for wiper parts.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Might try these folks:

www.amequipment.com/

They have been mentioned before as a source for wiper parts.
Went to the site and altho they offer a great parts selection, the dust caps weren't available.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
phreddyphrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #5

Go to this thread for more information:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ps-358143.html

I think you are asking about a Trico Plastic Cover, ~ 4 inches long, 1 1/4 wide and snap over the mounting bolt on the wiper arms. Part number AW-RPHC

Call:

Rome Truck parts
800 284 4345
Talk with Kristen or Bill in Parts

* If this is not your cap then ask Rome if they can source it for you.

* And this would be a good time to oil your neglected, articulating wiper arms you don't see. Also you should tighten up any loose bolts in this mechanism.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts