Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 1990 Elandan. Since I bought it three years ago, I've had W-dealer check my roof seals each year; they've said the seals were fine.

During our almost 30 consecutive days of rain (recent)a leakd developed somewhere at the front seam.

I decided I wanted to use Eternabond (RV) tape to seal that front seam. I had an automotive service outlet do the job for me and the result seems to me very neat and tidy.

They took the 4-inch wide tape down either side of the body to the top of the doors. Fine by me. But the white of the tape is a bit eye-catching against the tan of the sidewalls.

So, I'm thinking that a small Winnebago decal on the tape just above the doors might help to make it look better.

Are there such small decals?

TIA,

Doug

Banks PowerPack & Transcommand
DougJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 1990 Elandan. Since I bought it three years ago, I've had W-dealer check my roof seals each year; they've said the seals were fine.

During our almost 30 consecutive days of rain (recent)a leakd developed somewhere at the front seam.

I decided I wanted to use Eternabond (RV) tape to seal that front seam. I had an automotive service outlet do the job for me and the result seems to me very neat and tidy.

They took the 4-inch wide tape down either side of the body to the top of the doors. Fine by me. But the white of the tape is a bit eye-catching against the tan of the sidewalls.

So, I'm thinking that a small Winnebago decal on the tape just above the doors might help to make it look better.

Are there such small decals?

TIA,

Doug

Old 02-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DougJ:
Doug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug,

It has been mentiond that some have painted the Eternabond Seal to match their coaches however I don't recal any reports on the long term results or what paint worked the best. That may be another consideration.

Regards,

Neil
Old 02-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

What type and the name of the automotive service outlet did you use?? The Eternabond is a fantastic product..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

&gt;It has been mentiond that some have painted the Eternabond Seal to match their coaches &lt;

Thanks for this reminder, Neil. I'm just wondering how difficult it is to get a match. I suppose if I took it to a body shop, they'd know how to do this. My thought was to put a decal on the two sides that are most visible to make the decal the focal point and to break up the solid white.

Ciao,

Doug

Old 02-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
What type and the name of the automotive service outlet did you use?? The Eternabond is a fantastic product..Good Miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi ichn2go,

I used a small shop whose business is related to routine auto, van and small truck chassis work.

I did this because a fellow who had worked on the "house" of my rig while he was apprenticing through a larger shop that did do RV work is now working at this small shop.

My figuring was that this bit of work--remove old silicone sealer and place tape over the seam--is not rocket science and so the risk of the job being botched was low.

Ciao,

Doug

Old 02-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Doug,maybe call Winnebago Customer Service and run your question by them?

I'm sure with all their models they could come up with something that'd work....

How about an iRV2 decal??
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Hey Doug,maybe call Winnebago Customer Service and run your question by them?

I'm sure with all their models they could come up with something that'd work....

How about an iRV2 decal?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea. I'll call WIT and ask about decals. As for iRV2 decals--where do I get those?

Thanks,

Doug

Old 02-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Doug,here is a link from the main page.
Fill it out and submit it....they're FREE!!

Link to Sticker Form Request
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Doug

If your dealer always told you the seals were fine, I personally doubt their competence. I've had mine checked once and sometimes twice a year since I bought it in July 2003 and they have done at least some minor seal repair every time it has been checked ...major removal and replacement twice!

If you can't find the decals you want, you can get anything you want made at www.decalzone.com ...your design, color, size, etc. I've used them for several things. They provide a quality procduct that is easy to install.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Doug,here is a link from the main page.
Fill it out and submit it....they're FREE!!

Link to Sticker Form Request </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the link. Went there and requested a couple.

Doug

Old 02-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFChap:
Doug

If your dealer always told you the seals were fine, I personally doubt their competence. I've had mine checked once and sometimes twice a year since I bought it in July 2003 and they have done at least some minor seal repair every time it has been checked ...major removal and replacement twice!

If you can't find the decals you want, you can get anything you want made at www.decalzone.com ...your design, color, size, etc. I've used them for several things. They provide a quality procduct that is easy to install. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Paul

Thanks for rthe lead to decalzone. I've book marked it in case I want more than either iRV2 or WIT offer.

I checked out your web site. Some commonalities: my wife is a book worm; checkout www.bookcrossings.com. My post-graduate degree is in chemistry.

Again, my thanks.

Ciao,

Doug