Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
W6GRG

2020 Horizon - Refer Water Valve??

I now have my new 2020 Horizon 42Q home and am finding all the things the dealer needs to fix One thing I can't find is the valve to turn on water to the refrigerator. The valve in the outside access panel is to drain the ice maker line but where can I find the valve to turn on the water? No ice maker or water to the door dispenser on the fridge.

There are turn off valves in the master bath under the sink I assume for the washer and dryer. There are valves in an outside compartment for the drains. I don't see any valves under the kitchen sink or in the 1/2 bath. I am sure I am overlooking something.

Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200414_083100c.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	173295   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200414_125423b.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	173304  

Old 04-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Beautiful coach!! We looked at those last January and the dealer through a great deal at us. My wife was almost tempted enough to bite... but not quite.

Have you looked at the plumbing diagrams on the WBGO website?

Here's the plumbing PDF... but I can't determine whee it is.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2018/000031897.pdf
Old 04-18-2020, 10:37 AM   #3
Site Team

I can't be sure... but I found an unmarked connection in a space between the Galley Sink and the Lavatory sink. It looks like it's behind a panel or something.

I did find the connection at the back of the fridge. It shows an ID number for the Icemaker line and it follows back to the connection I'm talking about above. But for some reason the connection I'm referring to has no ID on it at all. But it looks like an Ice Maker water line and valve.

Here's a screen grab. I"ll circle the connection I'm thinking "might" be it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 11.31.15 AM.png
Views:	112
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	173305  
Old 04-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
W6GRG

Creativepart,

Wow, those diagrams are great! I came from Newmar and we did not have these type of resources - no as-built information.

Headed out to the coach to try and locate it. Will let you know.

Thanks much!
Old 04-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
Site Team

Let me know if you need instructions on how to find the Wiring Diagrams, Plumbing Drain Diagrams, and a complete 3-D parts list that shows every part on your RV.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I've apparently not needed to go there yet but how do we get to the 3-d parts? I'm missing that for future. Is that the one which does not work with the Edge browser? If so, what browser do you use to access it? I've never gotten through to it but assume it is the browser I use.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #7
Site Team

It only works for Internet Explorer. There's a notice on the home page of the parts section.

You must download and install a 3-D helper app for Cortona Viewer. And it only works for IE. I have no idea if WBGO will update this. They put all their eggs in one company's software. The helper app is free for the IE browser. To use it otherwise you have to buy an expensive software application. It's something like $150 to purchase.

You'd think they would update the helper app to work on Edge at least. But Edge is based on Chrome and they never had a Chrome version of the helper app.

Pre-2011 the parts lists are in PDF format and do not require this.

I use a Mac, but I have Win 10 installed on Parallels virtual machine and run MS IE on that Win10 installation. So, I've been able to install the helper app. When my Adventurer was in the body shop for repair the repair place (NIRVC Dallas) didn't have a WBGO parts list and they would not install the Cortona Viewer software on their corporate browsers. So, I would look up part numbers for every single tiny trim piece needed to finish my RV. At that time WBGO sold parts directly and I would order them for NIRVC and have them shipped directly to the shop.

Here's a link to the 3-D parts home page: Parts Catalog

Here's the notice on the part's home page:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 2.46.52 PM.png
Views:	83
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	173306  
Old 04-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #8
Site Team

Here's what pages look like.

You can rotate, flip and zoom into each area. Then click on an item and it will show the part number and all ancillary parts in the listing to the right.

Here are two screen grabs from the Parts list for my RV. First is the entire RV. Second is the Appliances on my RV and I've selected the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 3.01.37 PM.png
Views:	92
Size:	389.2 KB
ID:	173307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 3.03.03 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	173308  

Old 04-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Okay, thanks for the answer. I've been to that part but never gotten any closer. Not wanting to change browser to get to one site. That may change at some point in the future but I'll put it off for now.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:12 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Okay, thanks for the answer. I've been to that part but never gotten any closer. Not wanting to change browser to get to one site. That may change at some point in the future but I'll put it off for now.
You can have a dozen browsers installed and not have to use any one but your preference for "your browser" you realize.

On my Mac I use Firefox as my browser, but have Safari and Chrome installed, too On the Win10 install I have Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge and Internet Explorer installed. I guess IE is set as my preferred browser, but I use all as necessary.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:47 PM   #11
W6GRG

Creativepart,

You are the Man! Exactly where you circled on the plans. Had to remove 4 screws to access the area. Of course, why would that be turned off from the factory??

I will play on the Winnebago site and if I get lost I will contact you for help in locating resources on the site.

I looked here and the files section is empty.

Thanks for the help. What would we do without great members like you on this forum?
Old 04-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Much of the info is on the Winnebago site but some of it hides under headers that I have not fully found yet.
With the push today, I was able to get to the 3D plans and do some looking around which I had not be able to do. Amazing what we can find if we do spend the time to look under those tabs we had always ignored!
One of the really fine things i learned today was just an odd point and click issue where I just wanted to take a look. And that led to finding out I a heating duct which must be running down to the storage and wet bay!
Not planning to do the cold stuff very much but we do like to have things ready just in case we get caught in a cold snap and having heated water tanks and lines will be a big deal if we need them. My question was pretty well off topic as it did not help on your point at all but maybe between the two of us, it will generate enough interest to go ahead and look around at what else we may find that turns out to be super helpful at some point in the future.
When/if you do get the 3D plans to pop for you, there will be just tons of small stuff of interest. Things of such great interest as where the waste tanks are vented?
Glad to see you found your valve and it does seem odd they left it closed.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:12 AM   #13
CO Sunova Owner

I don't have your Winnebago model but my refrigerator water is turned on under my kitchen sink with a separate valve. The valve is right near the water filter that I have to change out every year. The filter filters only the water to the refrigerator. Get a good flashlight and look around again. Good luck.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:02 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Hi Greg. I am picking up my 2020 Horizon 42Q next week. I am moving up from a Discovery LXE 40M. I had a relatively small punch list after pick-up and nothing that I would consider major. Fleetwood makes a decent product.

How is your experience so far with your Horizon? Some of these forums and FB pages make me very nervous about this purchase. I can deal with shake-out problems as every RV has them but have you found any substantial issues or quality deficiencies? Your view is important to me.

Mike
motomike1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:17 AM   #15
W6GRG

Motomike,

Sorry for the delay in responding. My punch list had 27 items. I avoided the selling dealer and drove the rig straight to Junction City OR (West Coast Service Center) where it was built. I gave them a heads up with a complete list of items I would need ordered. But when I arrived they did not have any of the items on hand. All are cosmetic issues, need a couple new trim panels and a sliding door where they were damaged, probably at the dealer. Step cover did not work, small air leak as well as a small hyd fluid leak. Damaged floor grout, vacuum not working, chip on dinette leaf, window screen not fitting, paint over spray, improperly installed window shade, shower head leaks.

All minor but annoying. They were able to fix half my issues in the 2 days I was at the service center. Now I have to get a local dealer in SoCal to order all the missing items.

Note - I thought I was missing the remote for the dishwasher as the instructions said it was in the info package. Remote was needed to lock the door while driving - I had to prop a chair against it. However after extensive research I found out you can lock it and close it. To open without the remote, you knock on the door 3 times. Who knew??

I have added a keypad be the door so we can lock the door without a key or fob ($85).

I asked Winnebago about how to upgrade the automation system so I could control everything by bluetooth if close or WiFi if away from the rig. They sent out the plug in box to upgrade the unit for free!!

The rig drives like a dream and much smoother than my 40" tag axle Newmar!

Would be happy to provide more detail if you want it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200426_170307.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	173798   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200507_174738.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	173799  

Old 06-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #16
Site Team

Glad it's pleasing you and that you got it to Oregon for "finishing."

I hesitated telling this story before you purchased.

We looked at two Horizons at La Mesa, Tucson. They tried hard to sell them to us and offered us fantastic pricing. But both units siting on their lot had broken and missing trim pieces, broken sliding doors, and other similar things. We thought, "Ok, I can see that on this unit or that unit, but BOTH?"

Most oddly, on BOTH RVs there was a small 10" highly curved panel on the driver's side full wall slide between the living area and the fridge that had a complete panel missing and laying on the floor. How does that happen?

See photo below for the panel I'm talking about.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #17
W6GRG

LOL! That was probably my rig as it came from Tucson La Mesa. That is one of the items I need replacing as when the dealer reinstalled it the screws poked through the front!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200427_142625.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	173818   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200427_142615_99.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	173819  

Old 07-23-2020, 10:58 PM   #18
W6GRG

Update after our first trip in the new rig. We were on our first day of a month long trip. 5 hours into the trip we were 8 miles from our destination in the Sacramento delta when the computerized dadh and everything went black. Went into limp mode and we limped to the park. Mobile service spent over 6 hours and located a large diameter cable that was mounted backwards and eventually rubbed thru the insulation and blew a 500 amp fuse. Yes, 500 amp!

Also located a master ground wire from the front electronics that was only hand tightened. That had caused my cameras to fade out and the infotainment unit to reboot when I went over bumps.

Rest of the trip there were no problems and the coach is fantastic.

Winnebago customer service is processing the refund for the $1,900 service call without complaint.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

I got my 42 Q in April.
I had the same question on the fridge water shut off. Winnie emailed the plumbing schematic to me.
I wish they had a little door back under that cabinet to get to that valve.
I wanted to turn it off and leave it off. We never use the ice makers.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:58 PM   #20
W6GRG

2cyber71,

I am loving the rig, just came back from a month long trip through California, Oregon, and Washington. Wow, our rigs are the same outside.

I am waiting on Winnebago to send replacement items such as the bedroom door, a drawer face and a corner piece by the refrigerator that are all damaged....cosmetic issues.

We experienced a complete electrical failure while driving due to an improperly installed cable. We also had intermittent problems with the infotainment center and the cameras that was caused by a loose ground in the fuse compartment.

Check out our interior....the wife loves modern to match our home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bedroom.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	174370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	174371  

Tags
water