Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
W6GRG

Picking up my 2020 Horizon 42Q

Hello all! I will be picking up my 2020 Horizon 42Q next week from LaMesa in West Sacramento. Crossing my fingers that I have no major QC issues coming from a trouble free Newmar.

Greg
Simi Valley, CA
Griegert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on your new rig! I have purchased two motor homes from that LaMesa location and they have been great both during the sale and after. They have a huge location in Davis dedicated to maintenance and repair, and they seem to know their stuff. A good service rep makes a difference, and I always see Ron. Best of luck to you!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegert View Post
Hello all! I will be picking up my 2020 Horizon 42Q next week from LaMesa in West Sacramento. Crossing my fingers that I have no major QC issues coming from a trouble free Newmar.

Greg
Simi Valley, CA
Greg, I wish you luck. Each dealer has its own quirks and many times the one giving you the walk-through has no idea about the specifics of your rig. Have fun opening every door, operating every switch and running every system during this time. When a feature is pointed out, try it out. Assume nothing. Think "I am without a clue. Tell me about it." Then, if need be, let you knowledge kick in if something seems amiss. If you can camp at the dealer for a night or 2, do so. Make certain that the inverter is set up correctly and on. This keeps your residential refrigerator running. Test the generator auto start feature with the A/C. It should start on low battery also.

In time, when you get familiar with your coach, see if you find it tends to pull right. Many of us with Freightliner chassis have found this to be the case. Tires look good, showing no unusual wear patterns, bit the rig pulls. I read one report where the coach was brought to Gaffney, SC, the home of the chassis - Freightliner Custom, and they correctly aligned the axles. Make an appointment before heading to the factory. Great folks.

We love our coach but have had many of the QC issues the "new" Winnebago Industries likes to let out the door. And, we bought it used!

Happy trails,
Rick