Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-30-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need 12v power source

2013 Winnebago Vista 30T. I'd like to add dc defroster fans- looking for power source. Can anyone identify this wiring harness driver side under dash. Blue/green/red
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4511.PNG
Views:	53
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	177058  
EJDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJDJ View Post
2013 Winnebago Vista 30T. I'd like to add dc defroster fans- looking for power source. Can anyone identify this wiring harness driver side under dash. Blue/green/red
If it were me, I’d get out my voltmeter and poke around until I found a lot lead, and tap into it. Might want to look at Winnebago’s on-line diagrams to make sure that whatever you’re tapping into, can support the load, and when it’s hot and when it’s not.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Since motors are somewhat n the power hungry side of things we may want to add and considering how difficult it is to get good info on the chassis wiring, I would not look long for leftover wiring as it is difficult for me to sort.
My move would be to look at the fuse boxes for the chassis and look at adding a circuit with a stand alone fuse to power the fans.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:14 PM   #4
Just Trying to Help

EJDJ-

First off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Re:Plug shown in your first post. I believe that is the plug intended for a trailer electric brake controller. Unseen in the picture is a white ground wire. If you put a voltmeter on the red and the white wire, it should read 12V. If so, go under the hood, find the Ford PDB (Power Distribution Box), open it an pull out fuse #13. Apply the voltmeter for a second time. It should now read 0V, if this connector is indeed the one for the trailer electric brake controller.

A 2013 Ford F-53 chassis owner's manual (link here), page 76, shows the location of fuse #13. It's a 30A fuse.

Should you choose to use this connector, please do not cut it off, or splice into the wires. Instead, buy this Tekonsha 3035-P "pigtail." Plug that into the connector, then cut off the flat 4-conductor end of the pigtail and use the red and white wires for the fans. This way, the Ford wiring is left intact, and you will want that "intactness" later.

You can also chase down (and maybe use) Winnebago 12V power circuits, following this trail:

Winnebago Manuals and Diagrams
Wiring Diagrams - Motorized
Vista/Sunstar E30T Wiring Diagram Book
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power