Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

12V source for dash AC compressor?

I am not ac tech, but have fixed one or two. No manual, no wire diagram to follow here. I have a 1994 Vectra 34RA, P30 Chevy workhorse, with a SCS Fridgette dash AC system uses Sanden 7803 compressor. The SCS fridgette material I have from factory is merely a list of repair shops. No system or wire diagrams.

Did vacuum leak check test, r134a fill to specified oz. However, AC compressor clutch not engaging. I checked Ohms resistance on compressor coil, 3.0 which should be a good coil. I am not sure where coil gets its 12v source to engage coil? I do not see on fuse panel or any circuit breaker for dash ac. I assume a relay? I have several relays none marked as dash ac. Thanks for any pointing in correct direction.
TallTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

That's a part that is likely to be considered a part of the chassis and that puts it over into the place we don't get any info from Winnebago so I might think the best bet would be to look up any info from Chevy that you could find. Perhaps a repair manual from the library or a parts store?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor, dash