Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

light switch for light above and to rear of outsidse door '19 VISTA 29VE

I HAVE A 2019 VISTA 29VE. There is an outside light above and to the rear of the outside door. I have tried every switch I can find and looked in manual and can't find how to turn it on. Someone must know the answer.
Thanks
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Just recently joined and found this post. Not one response? I find it hard to believe that no one has had this issue. My curiosity is based upon the fact that I have a 2018 Vista 35 F with the same issue! No apparent way to turn on the light. I’m wondering if it’s tied to the same switch as the inside light at the steps but perhaps not connected? Bulb is good.
Trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
Just recently joined and found this post. Not one response? I find it hard to believe that no one has had this issue. My curiosity is based upon the fact that I have a 2018 Vista 35 F with the same issue! No apparent way to turn on the light. I’m wondering if it’s tied to the same switch as the inside light at the steps but perhaps not connected? Bulb is good.
Well the OP post is very old, I only saw based on your note.

I have 2019 29VE and I know where every light is and each switch.

But this description from OP confuses me " outside light above and to the rear of the outside door"

Are you guys talking about the porch light on the side of RV that is under the awning? That switch is right by the door so that is so simple it must be something else A better description or picture would help.
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Yes it’s the porch light. Do you have a step inside the coach with a recessed light that is activated by the same switch? I believe the switch by the door of my 2018 Vista should control both the step light and porch light but only the step light comes on.
Trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
Yes it’s the porch light. Do you have a step inside the coach with a recessed light that is activated by the same switch? Yes I believe the switch by the door of my 2018 Vista should control both the step light and porch light but only the step light comes on. Yes
I think you assessing this correctly

We have 2019 Sunstar 29VE The recessed light inside the RV by the steps is what I call courtesy light, but I think it helps to remind you that the porch light is on.

If you are leaving the coach we have a double wall switch between the door and dining window. The left switch (controls a single light on ceiling inside the RV in what I will call the door foyer area, the right switch controls the Porch light and the courtesy light by steps.

It sounds like you have a blown bulb in your porch light. If bulb is good you may have faulty wiring from switch to porch fixture. Easy check with voltmeter by removing porch light cover and bulb. Or you can bypass all of that and simply take the bulb to local hardware store and get a new one.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for you replies. It was a blown bulb on the porch light. Since the RV was less than a month old I thought I was the problem and not somehting as simple as a bulb.
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:17 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah4448 View Post
Thank you for you replies. It was a blown bulb on the porch light. Since the RV was less than a month old I thought I was the problem and not something as simple as a bulb.
Hopefully Trailblazer does not have a wiring issue. It was odd that no one ever responded to your question. We bought our 2019 Sunstar 29VE last year. The only thing with lights is that I wish the LED lights on inside were on a dimmer switch. At night they can be too bright.

Tags
door, light, switch