Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2019 Vista 29VE Weboost Install

Has anyone installed a WeBoost 4G-X RV 470410 in the Vista? How did you do it? Are you happy?
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Team

The install of the Weboost system is straight forward but not specific to particular RVs. Do s search on YouTube and you’ll find half a dozen RV Weboost installs.

I have the Drive 4g-X on my RV and it was pretty much exactly as shown by others in those videos.

I find it is a significant help about 50% of the time. It all depends on what cell service is available where I’m camping.

One word of caution... the Weboost doesn’t boost cell signals all through the RV. Just near the indoor antenna. We use ours to boost cellular MiFi devices in our tech cabinet. We usually put the device immediately next to the indoor antenna. But we don’t find it helping service for our cell phones unless we stand close to the antenna.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I have installed a Weboost Drive Sleek in my Winnebago Vista 27N. The antenna goes on the roof and contains a magnet and the package also contains an adhesive disk if you want to stick it to the non-metal roof. Personally I mounted a steel 4" outlet box cover on the roof in front of the door and just magnetically attached the antenna to it. I used some stick on plastic cable guides to position the cable and run it so the cable goes thru the top of the door opening. I mounted the electronics box on the wall by the door using velcro.

I did all of this so I could move the Weboost Drive Sleek to a different vehicle (my car) if desired. That said, it has not moved yet.

Use and results:

The cradle that the phone or WiFi hot spot lie in reaches about 10 feet from there and the cable with the 12 volt plug reaches to the 12 volt socket on the Vista that is in the desk pocket in front of the passenger seat. It uses very little 12 volt power when plugged in. I don't plug it in unless my phone / hotspot have less than 3 bars signal, at 3 bars or more it does not seem to improve anything.

The Weboost Drive Sleek boosts one device at a time that is laid in it's cradle. It greatly improves the performance of my ATT Data Hotspot (Mobley) and of my Sprint Cell Phone.

I have a friend with a Travato who also installed the Weboost Drive Sleek and she uses Verizon and has also seen a noticeable improvement for both voice and data.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks

I have the RV version with a thick antenna cable . Antenna mounts on the ladder. How did you get your cable into the RV?
Old 09-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
I have installed a Weboost Drive Sleek in my Winnebago Vista 27N.
I used the Sleek 3g and then the Sleek 4g before switching to the larger Drive 4G- X. It worked pretty well, but I found it only 1/2 as good at boosting weak cell signals. Which is exactly how it’s positioned in their product line. So all is good.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah4448 View Post
I have the RV version with a thick antenna cable . Antenna mounts on the ladder. How did you get your cable into the RV?
The problem I had with the ladder mount OTR antenna was that the cable is only 20’ long and I needed 35’ to get from the ladder to the front cabinet where the Weboost was mounted. I added a 20’ extension to the cable and had to use an adapter to do that. The end result was worse performance than the 4” magnetic stubby antenna. They really don’t recommend adapters or longer than 20’ runs of cable. So I went back to the 4” antenna mounted on a 8” square metal ground plane.

I drilled a hole in the upper cap above the windshield and run the cable into the cabinets this way. I run a Wifi Ranger Elite booster cable through the same hole. I cap it off with a simple dual cable plate.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks

Creativepart,
My RV is 31 feet so I may not have the issue you had. I'll let you know where I driller hole and got power.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

No drill option for cable routing

We also have the 29VE with the dinette on the passenger side. We put our sat receiver, wifi booster and cell booster on the small shelf behind the dinette and run all the antennae cables behind the dinette and down into the basement. There are existing penetrations though the floor under the rear dinette seat (for all the cables to and from the inverter in the basement) that you can push the cables through. In the basement compartment underneath the dinette, there is a slide opening in the floor to the outside (provided to run extension cords from the inverter). You can run you coax cables through that opening to you antennae. We mounted our antennae on a 8' pvc pipe that we attach to the side of the RV with removable suction cup brackets. That way we can move the antennae to whatever side of the RV that gets the best reception. It's an easy setup with no drilling required through the side or roof of your unit. You may need longer cables though to reach the back corners of the coach.
Harvey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks so much

As for the suction cups do they really work for extended period while driving???
Do you have a URL where you got them?
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Suction cup mounts for cell booster antenae

No you can't use the suction cup mounts while traveling. They are very strong, but I wouldn't trust them on the road. We don't try to use our WeBoost when moving because you move in and out of cell zones so quickly on the road. We only use it when parked.

I got them at RV Accessories - Flag Poles and Holders, Flags, Flag Pole
Old 10-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I see the URL was deleted from my post.

Go to Flagpolebuddy dot com.

Tags
install