Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Jensen TV

We have a 2010 Aspect 28B with two TV sets. The main dining room has a 24" Jensen television and in the top cabinet, a really nice Television switcher for four or five inputs for each TV (DVD player, Satellite, Cable, Antenna, Aux, etc,). But for the life of me, I can't get anything to work (haven't looked at the bedroom TV set yet). The DVD player won't open the door, and I can't tell if any of the roof antennas are hooked up. I don't have a satellite account so I'm not too worried about that being hooked up.

I used the TVs Set-up menu to auto program channels and it runs through the entire set-up and doesn't find anything. I think this is an older model TV that's looking for analog signals, and if memory serves me correctly, the FCC's digital deadline has come and gone requiring stations to end their analog signals and only use Digital TV channels. If that's the case, I think the TV will only work when I connect a cable at a campsite (that may be wrong as well).

ANyone know where the aux hookup is for the switcher. I'd like to connect a Roku or FireStick and try that via the Internet.

I did a little searching the other day for new TVs and noticed you can't really find any RV specific TVs (that run off 12 volts) that have 4K capabilities. Anyone have any additional info on any of this? Does all this sound right? Thanks for the input...
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

So maybe some details need to be checked first. One is what power the TV needs as it may be 110AC or 12VDC. I assume the TV does light, so can you find the plug to see if it is one or the other? That doesn't really sound like the main problem but it would totally change the question of shopping!
For getting it to find channels, how far out from transmitter sites? Are you remote or somewhere that TV over the air is common to have at least a few? If somewhat remote where there are not too many and none close, not having the antenna pointed correctly or not having an antenna amp turned on sounds like a question.
One of the problems with chasing TV input is that there are tons of options which change the layout, so knowing how many TV and where leads to being able to sort which drawing to look at for info.
For more info, do you have a box with lots of buttons that would be a form of switcher for different input to different items like TV, VCR, etc. ? Does it have any lights to indicate it is getting power?
I suspect something other than TV too old but that's a wild guess! Video is hard to chase without really heavy equipment as we can't test real well to see it gets where it is supposed to go.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes, the TV has power. I'm able to go to the menu --> Setup options and run thrugh them all. Also, the TV switcher has power. I can push the modulator chaannel 3 or 4 button and see the TV flash when pushing this button (yes, the TV is on the respective channel as well (3 or 4). I think the next thing I'll do is climb up on the roof to see what type of antenna's it actually has up there. I'm pretty sure there's a satellite antenna because there's a graduated crank on the dining room ceiling panel. I also assume it has a regular TV antenna but don't know if it's possibly in the stowed position for travel purposes. Will find out tomorrow. Still looking for the Aux inputs... :-)
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote