Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-15-2023, 08:52 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Good enough! I know we have talked about your RV a lot and you have studied it but thought there might still be that detail hanging ou there to catch you later.
But then I also know the Winnebago drawings are far from exactly right, so lots of room for doubt until checked.
There are lots of places where a change to one small wire might get in, whether on drawings or on the build. The one thing we can count on seems to be change.

When you say it looks one way in real life, I'm going with that being true and not to question it any more.
I've started looking at house plans and they have made me a full blown skeptic on what is planned and what actually gets built!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:45 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Good enough! I know we have talked about your RV a lot and you have studied it but thought there might still be that detail hanging ou there to catch you later.
But then I also know the Winnebago drawings are far from exactly right, so lots of room for doubt until checked.
There are lots of places where a change to one small wire might get in, whether on drawings or on the build. The one thing we can count on seems to be change.

When you say it looks one way in real life, I'm going with that being true and not to question it any more.
I've started looking at house plans and they have made me a full blown skeptic on what is planned and what actually gets built!
Al true. although I would ad my convictions heavily lay on the support calls with WBGO. There were ADAMANT that no power draw should occur once the House switch was shutoff? They could have easily hid behind what is often referred to what some call as normal parasitic draw. I call it a design flaw purely from engineering perspective.

Nonetheless; I bought the coach expecting some draw. However. short the obscure delay (15min?) I saw before with the antenna power LED would shut off, there is nothing on or drawing. However long a AGM battery can sit on a shelf outside at walmart on a frigid shelf is how long I can go before a recharge is required. I never come close to being able to go that long to see. 6 weeks is as long as I have gone; but I unplugged last night so a new count is underway Day 1

Now my chassis battery has the OEM radio + the wireless steering remote that I added as mod connected to power from radio, and the Mod I made with Cateye Alarm / Siren. Some thought I should have connected my Cateye alarm on the House battery which I could, but I didn't need to. My theory was this, right now my RV is shutdown from SP and House batteries, but my Cateye Alarm is still activated
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
For fun, I just shut off the SP and put my House Disconnect switch in Store mode (OFF). I have no Solar nor any 3rd party charger and my batteries (AGM) will just sit. I don't care how cold, don't even think about water anymore. My chassis has two draws, Chassis radio and my MOD added Cateye Motion Sensor to thwart potential Cat thieves.
It has been about a week ( 6 days), No Shorepower, No Solar, No Chargers, House Disconnect switch OFF, Chassis Battery Switch is still ON.

So as a follow up, I go out to my coach and get the following measurements.

AGM House Batteries 13.1 vdc
FLA House Battery 12.9 vdc

I have left the SP unplugged and the House Switch OFF. Despite my cautious concern / worry; a drained battery has not been a concern for this coach the way it is wired.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, battery