Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I was using my windshield wipers today and when I used the windshield washer system to clear off some dirt and they wouldn't shutoff no matter what I did. I had to exit the highway and pull the fuse to get them to stop! Has anyone had this problem? When we stopped for the night and I tried again by replacing the fuse and they just kept on working even in the off position!
I assume it could be a bad ground or a relay?????
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I was using my windshield wipers today and when I used the windshield washer system to clear off some dirt and they wouldn't shutoff no matter what I did. I had to exit the highway and pull the fuse to get them to stop! Has anyone had this problem? When we stopped for the night and I tried again by replacing the fuse and they just kept on working even in the off position!
I assume it could be a bad ground or a relay?????
Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes. Just before our 2 day trip to Kennebunkport, Maine. Started the RV which had been taken on a short trip only days prior and the wiper come on and won't go off. I kept fiddling with them and eventually turned off the ignition and some combination shut them off. I haven't tried them again in fear that the same will happen but I am going in for a couple warranty repairs plus a cracked windshield from this past trip (rock from a semi).
Sorry I don't have a solution but will update the board once I am at the dealer (2wks or so from now).

Kyle
Adventurer 38T

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Kyle, I'll keep poking around and see if I can find the problem, If not please keep me posted on what they find when you bring yours in for service.. If I find a fix I'll also post it... It's hard enough getting and keeping things working in our Winnie/Workhorse now I can't get them to stop! Too funny!
In 23,000 miles there hasn't been one day on the road that something hasn't popped up! Give me my old Dodge 440 MH back! LOL
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'm taking my coach (F-53 chassis) in for service tomorrow for, among other things, wipers that won't turn on. As long as you drive on rainy days and I only drive on sunny ones we should be ok.

5 Girls (19, 17, 14, 9 and 7)
Dave in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Heres some info that maybe helpful Wipers won't shut off.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Today I cleaned/sprayed elec. cleaner on the switch arm where the switch rotates to select on/off and delay. After a minute or so I replaced the fuse and turn the key to start and they stayed off! I tried several times and they worked fine! I guess it's good until I need them again.