Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2022, 11:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2022 FLX 2108DS - Inverter not charging battery

Hello,
Hoping someone can help. The lithionics battery is not charging when the trailer is plugged into shore power, I have searched the threads and there is nothing addressing this specific issue. I made the changes in regards to the factory default settings for the solar, battery and Xantrex XC 3000 inverter/charger but the inverter does not seem to be working in regards to shore power, battery only seems to charge on solar only …. Trailer is new, no help from dealer and they never showed me how the systems worked or informed me of the apps for Lithionics battery, Xantrex and Solar … found out that info on a thread here …
ShawnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We get no wiring info on trailers, soit is a project!
I would first start with making sure there is 110AC getting to the charging part of the inverter charger.
The idea is that there has to be 110AC going in for it to make the 12DC come out to charge the batteries.
My move would be to lookonline for the correct inverter charger manul to get which connections are in and out and use a meter to see there input is there, then remove the output wires and check that 12 vdc is comming out, if all it well there,chase down why it is not getting from the unit to the batteries.
But before going to all that trouble, are you certain the batteries are not being charged or is it that they are not holding that charge?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #3
Site Team

You best bet is to call Xantrex for support help. A call to Winnebago “might” help, but it depends who you get to help.

Hopefully, some other FLX owners will chime in here as well.

It’s likely not a malfunction but an improper setting. Dealers are really letting buyers down when delivering these new FLX travel trailers. Supposedly they have been trained by Winnebago on the new model but that doesn’t seem to have made much impact.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I find a couple items that might be helpful.
One is the owners guide here:
https://xantrex.com/library/inverter...guide-english/

Page 8 has the locations for various parts and shows GFCI and reset buttons which may come into play?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gfci.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	183600  
Old 07-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Xantrex has good customer service, but before you call them, you’ll want to do these thing because they’ll ask you if you’ve done them.

Have you properly programmed the Xantrex yet?
Ensure the on/off button on the front of the display panel is depressed.
Then open the app, and select the correct battery chemistry.
Set the input to grid, and then set the charge amperage to 60 amps dc. Maybe your Lithionics will accept 80amps, but make sure you don’t exceed the max charge in the Lithionics spec sheet. If the Lithionics is 200ah, it should charge from zero to 100% SOC in about 2 hours @ 60amp charge setting.
Also check to make sure the cables are securely affixed to the terminals. The cables are thick wire gauge and can be inadvertently loosened by the dealer or user pulling on them. Charge will be intermittent if they are loose. Check to ensue the fuse or breaker between battery and inverter is good.

The gfci outlet on the Xantrex has no effect on the dc charging circuit.
If you’ve already done these things, then call Xantrex.
Old 07-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

One of the reasons Ilike to see folks go direct to written instructions on anything of this sort is the way I see RV treated on lots.
We once spent 30days as Workkampers at a large RV dealer in Florida and watching as people tried to use different items in all the Rv on the lot.

No matter how well installed and programmed when new, if it is open to the public, somebody will be pushing the buttons!
And a lot of those button pushers have no idea what they are doing, so if there is a program to screw up, they will find it!
The sad thing is that it is sometimes the sales folks trying to figure it out and they do the button pushing!
Old 07-22-2022, 03:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I did a reset of the app and it now seems to be charging the battery, Thanks for the help Marine!
CHIMO
Retired Canadian Combat Engineer
ShawnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

To my knowledge, inverters do not charge batteries, converters do, but the circuit from converter to batteries likely goes through inverter, which has a GFI you may need to reset, and or the inverter has an independent reset button. My 12v tv would not turn on while hooked to shore power do I did not need inverter but I had to reset the inverter GFI. No idea what tripped it. The independent reset had not been tripped.
Winnefredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:01 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnefredo View Post
To my knowledge, inverters do not charge batteries, converters do, but the circuit from converter to batteries likely goes through inverter, which has a GFI you may need to reset, and or the inverter has an independent reset button. My 12v tv would not turn on while hooked to shore power do I did not need inverter but I had to reset the inverter GFI. No idea what tripped it. The independent reset had not been tripped.
Hybrid inverter/chargers do charge batteries, which is what I have. OP’s Flx comes equipped with a 3000w hybrid inverter/charger. With a hybrid, you no longer need a converter. You totally remove it from your electrical system.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:25 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Check your settings

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3924166

Check ALL the parameters. A reset via the app will reset to Xantrex factory default setting which are NOT optimal for the FLX system.

Also, the Xantrex inverter/charger needs to be powered on to charge the battery.

Welcome to the Adventure!

-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 02:00 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Xantrex configuration for FLX

Xantrex configuration for FLX post

And, turn the Xantrex Inverter/charger ON, to charge the Battery.

-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:30 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Hello, Did you every find any answers? I just picked up my Flex last week and dealing with the same issues. Thank you
Frankstery2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, battery, charging