Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2022, 09:28 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3920948

Long winded post but I hope answers your question
-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:12 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoSteve View Post
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3920948

Long winded post but I hope answers your question
-steve
Thank you SactoSteve. That is a very helpful write-up, with lots of things I will be referencing over time. At least for now, it sounds like I will need to get the GoPower Connect working before I can know all the parameters for sure. I took screenshots of the Lithionics app and the GoPower remote screens, but forgot to do that for the Xantrex app (next time I make a trip to the trailer, will do). It’s in storage, 40 minutes away :-( Going off-line now, but will continue reviewing and post back soon. Thank you once again!
Gregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:23 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

He pulled the settings directly from GPElectric, so you can manually do the update yourself if you like.

There's a bit more to it than just setting everything to Lithium, but it's pretty easy with the app.

Disparity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:04 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

FLX configuration table

I have been unable to get my full solar configuration because my MPPT remote is defective, MPower is sending me a new one, so hope that solves the blue tooth connectivity issue.

WTOW was kind enough to send me this configuration table of default and corrected settings. Hope this helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	89CA26F4-E787-4ECD-9174-894CD2C16EC3.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	183487
Old 07-07-2022, 06:47 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

This is great to have but note that this is for the Xantrex Inverter/charger.
Would be nice to have the official configuration for the GoPower! also. If you have a willing source at WTOW.

But, very good to have this Xantrex information!!!
-steve
Old 07-08-2022, 05:52 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
RovingMedics, the easy way to tell how the port on the side of the RV is wired is to put a voltage meter on the connections. If it's 13.5v or there abouts it is wired directly to the battery. If it's 17v - 21v then it's wired to the Solar Charge Control.

This assumes the sun is out and you're parked in the sun. If it's dark or there is coverage on the rooftop panels then it would read somewhere between 0v and perhaps 5v or a little higher.

I would assume it's wired to the Solar Charge Controller. But that's just a SWAG.

You could call Winnebago Towables Customer Service (574) 825-8052 and ask them but you'll need to find someone to talk to that is well versed in the FLX model.
I will give that a try tomorrow. I obtained a GP-PSK-130 portable panel but it has a charge controller attached to it already. The FAQ on the GoPower website about the Solar On The Side plugs says "This port is wired directly to your battery." So I will investigate where it's actually going. I plugged the panel into the side yesterday and the controller on it was flashing, which according to a GoPower video, means it's in an over-voltage mode. Strange. I now have a multimeter and will explore further and call Winnebago on Monday if I don't get anywhere.

I was hoping that another FLX owner here that's more versed in solar had the same question and might have dug into it a bit as well. It *sounds* like all you need to do is unfold the panel and plug it in.

I will learn more this weekend, I suppose. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2022, 04:31 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturopath View Post

I personally used Custom on GoPower and made the settings very specific for the battery.

In any event, when I made these changes my battery went from 60% charged to 100% in a matter of hours!

Larry, would you be able to provide the exact settings you configured it for? I'm not seeing anywhere near the recharge rate that you're setting. I'm getting ~15% after having it out all day in Tempe, AZ with blue skies all day...

My Current Settings

Quote:
Correcting the configuration and some “findings”
From coordination between Factory and Our service department it appears that
- Xantrex engineers, working with Lithionics and GoPower! designed the FLX solar configuration.
- Winnebago configures the system via a flash drive containing the parameters for the GoPower! and Xantrex elements.
- The initial flash drive omitted (left as presumably default) a couple of key settings. Notably Battery Type and Ah.
- My before/after comparison showed the following changes;
- Xantrex
- BattType: LFP (was Flooded)
- BattTemp: warm (was Hot)
- GoPower!
- Battery Type: LiFePo (was Gel)
- Capacity: 320Ah (was 200Ah)
In my app, there is no [LiFePo] setting. There is just Lithium. Can you please verify?

My Current Settings
iRanduMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Fridge

I've turned off the Xantrex inverter on the inverter itself so that way I can easily toggle it from the panel. This is ideal because I can then have the battery and solar on and have it charging without the need of the inverter. However, I found that the fridge is constantly running as long as the battery is on....is there any way to turn the fridge off? Ideally, it's just solar charging the battery and I can toggle the fridge on/off.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Hold down the button on the left with the up and down arrows for 3 sec. That should do it.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:46 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Go Power Settings

Here is what I received from GoPower.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	526E7149-473C-4123-8A5C-91AA34AA0154.png
Views:	189
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	183531  
Old 07-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt View Post
Hold down the button on the left with the up and down arrows for 3 sec. That should do it.
Sorry.... Where is the button you're referring to?
Old 07-14-2022, 05:51 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt View Post
Here is what I received from GoPower.
Also your post contradicts what others are saying (don't set it to GEL)...
Old 07-14-2022, 08:15 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRanduMi View Post
Also your post contradicts what others are saying (don't set it to GEL)...
Hi, Interesting huh? The table is just what I received from GoPower.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:20 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRanduMi View Post
Sorry.... Where is the button you're referring to?
I guess a picture paints 1000 words. Left button in picture below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7409C445-9FA1-4A75-8D68-5C668322E1A0.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	183533  
Old 07-14-2022, 09:02 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

FYI, I'm dumb. There's clearly an off switch inside the fridge that I missed.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:05 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Ok, so the go power unit has said that I've charged anywhere between 80 and 115 Ah each day over the last 3 days. Does that sound about right? Again, clear blue skies, intense Phoenix great.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:36 AM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Those numbers are roughly similar to what we are seeing in Sacramento’s painfully intense summer sun. 90-100+ Ah/day. The panels come out of the shade about 10, but its a bright sky shade, then full sun the rest of the day. Right now 10:20 am 4 Ah so far. As far as loads, we don’t take any measures to eliminate phantom loads and leave the fridge running.
Pretty happy with this system!
- steve
Old 07-20-2022, 02:50 PM   #38
Winnebago Owner

We took ours out for its first trip recently (more to come later) but here's something Xantrex specifics...

when plugged in to shore power, it was tripping the circuit breaker. When plugged into a generator, it was maxing it out and tripping it into overload. The config file has this setting:

AcInBreakerAmp: 30

Changing that down to 15 stopped the household shore power circuit from tripping, and also let the generator (Honda eu2000i) keep on working too. Also discovered that you can dial it down further to as low as 5 amps, which really helped when there was other draw on the circuit.

Also about the solar setup - I got a Renogy 200w solar panel but there was a shipping delay and it arrived after we left on our trip. More on the panel later, but the initial test I did was a success.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:25 PM   #39
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for sharing this! I want to be sure I’m understanding what your situation was,… you have the trailer plugged into a shore power source with (presumably) a 15 amp breaker? And the shore breaker trips? That seems nominal if you are attempting to use AC, Microwave, or even a home vacuum (I say from our experience) but if you were running off the FLX system (battery —> inverter —> AC loads) you could run those loads (within reason) .

If you were plugged into a 30 amp shore source you should be fine.

But I may be missing something?
-steve
Old 07-20-2022, 06:32 PM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this! I want to be sure I’m understanding what your situation was,… you have the trailer plugged into a shore power source with (presumably) a 15 amp breaker? And the shore breaker trips? That seems nominal if you are attempting to use AC, Microwave, or even a home vacuum (I say from our experience) but if you were running off the FLX system (battery —> inverter —> AC loads) you could run those loads (within reason) .

If you were plugged into a 30 amp shore source you should be fine.

But I may be missing something?
-steve
If I have the setting left at 30, it trips breakers all over the place. If I dial it back to 15 or lower while plugged into shore power or on the generator, I can run the AC and everything just fine.

If I was at a camp site that had 30 amps, I could just change it back.

That's the quick review. I'm planning on making a review thread here pretty soon.