Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2023, 03:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Speedometer Not working 2011 Journey Express 34Y

Got on road today and noticed that the Speedometer was not working. The speed indicator on Freightliner information center was working correctly and was consistent with Garmin GPS. All other gauges working correctly. Looked the best I could under dash and didn’t see a loose or broken wire. Does anyone have any insight as to what it may be, other than just a faulty gauge?
Old 06-12-2023, 04:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Had this happen to me on my 2017 Forza: all the gauges on my dash stopped working, but the instrument cluster was fine. Called Freightliner. They suggested two things: one to shut off (Disconnect) the chassis battery and reconnect to let the computer reboot. That didn't work for me, so they then suggested that one of the other gages in the instrument cluster went bad. Apparently if one goes bad they all go dark. I had to get into the dash and disconnect each one til I found that one of the gauges measuring tire pressure was bad--I just disconnected it and now all the other gauges including speedometer work as normal.

You may just have a bad speedometer as you suggest, but I'd call Freightliner support and see if they have another suggestion. 1-800-FTL-HELP (800-385-4357)
(Have your VIN# ready)
Bill Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Speedometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Custer View Post
Had this happen to me on my 2017 Forza: all the gauges on my dash stopped working, but the instrument cluster was fine. Called Freightliner. They suggested two things: one to shut off (Disconnect) the chassis battery and reconnect to let the computer reboot. That didn't work for me, so they then suggested that one of the other gages in the instrument cluster went bad. Apparently if one goes bad they all go dark. I had to get into the dash and disconnect each one til I found that one of the gauges measuring tire pressure was bad--I just disconnected it and now all the other gauges including speedometer work as normal.

You may just have a bad speedometer as you suggest, but I'd call Freightliner support and see if they have another suggestion. 1-800-FTL-HELP (800-385-4357)
(Have your VIN# ready)
Thanks Bill for your reply. I will follow your advice & contact Freightliner.
RLCASC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey