Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Soft spot on floor 2106DS

Hi all,
First time poster. We purchased a 2017 Micro Minnie 2106DS last year and have had a lot of fun so far, mostly boondocking on some river property we have here in East Tennessee. I have learned a lot here and other places and feel a lot more comfortable with many aspects of having a travel trailer.
My wife noted this morning a soft spot in the flooring below the window on the side opposite the door. We haven 't noticed it before but can't think of anything we would have done to have caused it. I can't get a good look from underneath due to the insulation and weather barrier, which all looks intact. Has anyone heard of this as a problem? Any thoughts on possible causes.
Thanks.
danaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome danaudio!

Based on what you describe, you may have a water leak. You may want to check this...on the outside above the rain gutter is a plastic trim strip that covers the screws that hold the rain gutter in place. Check behind the trim strip and make sure there are no open screw holes. I had a leak in our Micro Minnie in the same area you are describing and found that the factory must have installed a screw that didn't bite into anything so then they removed it but didn't seal the screw hole. Due to that, when it would rain, water would run down inside the wall, around the window and show up as a puddle on the floor. I couldn't believe how much water was able to come through a 1/8" screw hole. Maybe you also have one or more open screw holes.

What was interesting is that the leak would only show up when the MM was level front to back. If the front was raised an inch or two there was no leak. It took me a bit to figure out the source of the leak.

I assume you already checked the seal around the window and made sure there is no leak there.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Fred. I'll have a look at that. I suspect you're right about the water issue, but we haven't seen any inside. I'll let you know.
Dan
danaudio is offline   Reply With Quote