Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Removing bedside cabinets and queen size bed

I discovered further water damage from a leaking water heater and now need to remove the queen size bed and bedside cabinet in order to inspect and replace the flooring if necessary.

Can someone who has done this please give me some information on how to remove the bed and cabinet without destroying them?

Thanks so much!
Terry53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I failed to mention our motor home is a 2015 Forza
Old 10-15-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Not sure if anyone has done this before here... but generally if you remove the mattress it might be obvious of how to remove the bed and that might lead to how to remove the cabinet.

Sometimes these items are screwed in... easy. OR they can be stapled in with long staples... hard.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I believe you are not going to get many folks who have done what you are asking. So I will give you my thoughts, as I have a DP and things are built somewhat the same.

The bed is the cover for the top of the engine. To remove you first will have to take the top of the bed off. This would be fairly easy just remove all hardware and screws lift off. The frame may be somewhat more difficult I believe the frame is built with a lot staples so removing them would not be easy. Check to see if you can cut the staples.

I can not help on the cabinet other then pull the drawers and see how they are attached. They may be attached to floor and walls or just one.

Would not it be easier to raise the carpet under the bed and cabinet to inspect for water damage than removing all just to inspect.
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I
There is no carpet in the bedroom. Only vinyl flooring tiles. I have removed the tile down the side of the bed and found significant water damage along the wall and underneath the nightstand and the bed. I need to remove the bed and nightstand in order to repair the damage to the floor
Old 10-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Can you bring it by so we can take a look at it?
83Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I removed the bed frame in our MH (see sig). It was actually quite simple; first remove mattress from MH, then remove lifting gas springs/struts, remove screws holding each section of mattress platform together and remove from trailer.

The stand came out the same way, it has L-brackets inside the frame with screws holding it to the floor. It came out in 3 sections, also held together with screws.
My total time spent on this was approx.2 hours.
BTW, my bed room doesn't have a slide so the bed is centered N-S in the center, with night-stands on each side, which are also screwed into position; there was no room to remove my night-stands until the bed frame was removed.

My purpose was to clear the bed-room for mechanics to perform engine work from above.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote