Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Lighting and slide general maintenance questions

I have a Schwintek mechanism for my slide. In my Winnebago TT owner's manual, I am advised to lubricate the drive rams with lithium grease (see below); I do not have drive rams.

Winnebago Towables Owner's Manual (for 2019 TT, copyright 2014)
SLIDEOUT ROOM MAINTENANCE, page 51
• At least twice a year, open the slideout room and inspect the drive rams. Remove any dirt and grime accumulations. Apply a light coating of white lithium grease to the drive rams if needed.

So I consult the Lippert owner's manual for their "in-wall slide-out" and it says:

In-Wall Slide-Out Owner's Manual (Rev. 07.12.18)
System Maintenance, page 12

NOTE: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term dependability of the system.

I recently met a fellow 2500FL owner at a campground and she recommended lubricating the slide gear rack (the rails) with CRC's PTFE power lube.

What does everyone else do?

Another question: She also said the owner's manual indicated to not operate the LED lights on the awning when the awning is retracted. I have not been able to find this statement in the manual, and we do this all the time when we go out at night.

Any thoughts on operating the lights without the awning being unfurled? If her statement is accurate, what could be the reason for the restriction?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

As for the Schwintek system, I had a Thor product with the Schwintek slide. It had two rail type tracks on the top of the wall slide and one on the bottom. I remember in that manual it stated do not lubricate. I found this may help
https://store.lci1.com/blog/lubricat...ert-components

When the awning is rolled up the leds being in the metal tube and do get hot could or would burn the awning fabric. Now that may be a stretch but its one of those could happen things. Maybe ok for short time but would not do all night long.

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, maintenance, slide