Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

manual extending of hydraulic slide hwh610 system

I own a 2001 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom and it has one slide and 4 jacks operated on a hwh610 hydraulic system. The motor went out and I was able to wench the slide out in.... Is there a way to extend the slide back out until the repairs are done
Thanks
eca1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eca1265 View Post
I own a 2001 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom and it has one slide and 4 jacks operated on a hwh610 hydraulic system. The motor went out and I was able to wench the slide out in.... Is there a way to extend the slide back out until the repairs are done
Thanks
Simple answer - No.

Complicated answer - If you were to disconnect all the hydraulics, you could probably devise a way of pushing or pulling it out but that's not something I would recommend.

1. Are you sure the motor is "out" and not just a switch, fuse, connector/connection or possibly a relay failure? A bad ground is a very common source of motor "failure".

2. If it does need replacement and you're having trouble getting one from HWH, check with Stuart's Service in Elkhart, IN. They may have it. I ordered some solenoid valves over the phone and they were great to deal with:

http://www.rvleveling.com/Stuarts-Se...lkhart-IN.html

3. Failing the above, check with a local hydraulics shop. The motor may be replaceable by a generic model.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

FYI, I replaced my motor last Jan. This is an exact replacement motor for my 610 Central-Ground system. Actually it is better and quieter becauseit has bearings whereas the old has bronze bushings.
The solenoid I found are dump trailer 12V solenoids.
There is a main 3rd 12V solenoid strapped on top the motor that is powered by either of the solenoids directly in front in the picture which I did not replace.

This is the Winnebago-specific HWH service manual.

This is the HWH emergency slide retraction page.

Before replacing the motor, have you tested the 2 solenoids clamped on the side of the motor? That was what went wrong with mine; it stuck closed and burned up the motor. That solenoid would not close to run the motor, and I kept toggling it in hope it would work. It did,but would not open/disconnect.
The solenoid on the right is the main solenoid that powers the jacks, the left one powers the motor to run the slide,and is daisy-chained off the right solenoid so both have constant 12V power.
Take a picture of the wiring before removing anything, I forgot and it was a pain in the kester remembering how the wiring was supposed to be configured.

This is my wiring:
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, hydraulic, manual, slide