Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-15-2024, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Liquid Rubber? 1991 Itasca Spirit IT320RB

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find anything.

What's the scoop on the Liquid Rubber products? Even if not one and done, a friend who has used it has been impressed with it for the last 10 or so years.

I know it's expensive, but having balance issues, ladders aren't my friends. I can't afford to hire it done.

Thanks for all your support,
Lemonade, '91 Itasca Spirit IT320RB
Lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You will definitely have to get on the roof to do the job. It has to be cleaned first. Then when you mix it you have a certain amount of time to apply it. And if you are outside the sun and wind will shorten that time. After reading the instructions I decided to have a dealer do the job. It was on a class C and when I got it back it looked really nice. No caulking at the edges needed. However I sold it about 3 years later and was no longer impressed with it, but it was still holding with no leaks. Plus the AC unit has to be removed from the roof. So if your balance is not good I would suggest not trying it yourself. Not sure of the cost, but if I had it to do over I would price a Rhino roof. Good Luck Leaks will ruin an RV in a hurry.

Tags
itasca