Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2024, 12:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Replacing Parking Brake Shoes on motorhome

I would like to talk with someone who has replaced the Parking Brake Shoes.
Thank you,
Tom
[phone number removed]
TomHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Tom, Welcome!

I'm a staff member here and I moved your thread out of the Forum Issues forum as that is a forum to post in when the forum isn't operating properly in your browser. I put your thread in a General Maintenance forum as it fits better there.

Next, I assume you are new to posting on a forum, but it is not safe to post your personal phone number on a public forum message. So, I've removed that for you. Generally, people respond anonymously via posting a message like this one I'm posting now. So, rather than speak to anyone, you'll read posts from members answering your question.

Next, we have no idea the year, model or floorplan of the RV you are needing info for. So, we need you to include this info in your post. I checked your Profile and when you joined you didn't include the year, model or floorplan either.

Finally, from being around here a lot I don't know how many of our members have actually replaced their Parking Brake shoes on their RVs. Maybe a few - but will they see your post????

Once we know the year, model and floorplan of your motorhome we may be able to direct you to where you can find more info on this topic.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I've replaced mine on a 93 Vectra and on a chevy step van if you are talking about the parking break on the driveshaft.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Sorry that was a 95 Vectra
Old 01-18-2024, 03:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If this motor home is on a P-30 chassis, replacing the shoes is a dangerous job. The springs are under a lot of pressure. Ole Used Bear (Roger Haig) was the expert on those auto park systems. He had a shop set up in the state of Oregon for just this work. I'm is North Florida and he helped tremendously by email and phone. It's sad that he is gone.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I remember seeing posts about this question on irv2.com., but since I have a DP I was not interested in reading the threads.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 03:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I see.

Tags
motorhome, brake