Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Best liquid wax?

Winnebago recommends a liquid wax as opposed to a paste wax on the fiberglass, what are some of you using? Mine is parked at home indoors so it's easy enough to do in small steps and on a regular basis. I would prefer a product specifically for automotive/boat use as opposed to some of the things like household floor wax that I have read about people using.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Brian-

I have been using a sealant, rather than a wax, and have been very pleased with it:

Finish Kare 2180 Ultra Polymer Sealant
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

if you have any unpainted gel coat areas then a gel coat was makes sense.
but if you have full painted and clear coated exterior, then any wax that last say 6mo+ would be fine.

there are many nano-particle waxes which allows the nano to get into any small crevices and that should ward off any nasties.

but likely just washing is good enuf if fully painted.

but if like me, in oregon, then actual mildew occurs and thus wax helps prevent that, but first you must get rid of it not wax it in but i have unpainted gel siding on parts - but all painted areas get mildew the same, but seems easier to wash off.

GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Winnebago recommends a liquid wax as opposed to a paste wax on the fiberglass, what are some of you using? Mine is parked at home indoors so it's easy enough to do in small steps and on a regular basis. I would prefer a product specifically for automotive/boat use as opposed to some of the things like household floor wax that I have read about people using.
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Brian-

I have been using a sealant, rather than a wax, and have been very pleased with it:

Finish Kare 2180 Ultra Polymer Sealant
Thanks Mark I'll check it out
Old 02-15-2021, 06:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSimon View Post
if you have any unpainted gel coat areas then a gel coat was makes sense.
but if you have full painted and clear coated exterior, then any wax that last say 6mo+ would be fine.

there are many nano-particle waxes which allows the nano to get into any small crevices and that should ward off any nasties.

but likely just washing is good enuf if fully painted.

but if like me, in oregon, then actual mildew occurs and thus wax helps prevent that, but first you must get rid of it not wax it in but i have unpainted gel siding on parts - but all painted areas get mildew the same, but seems easier to wash off.

GL!
My lower compartments and end caps are painted then the rest is gel coat with decals. No mildew here at all, single digit humidity most of the time and stored indoors.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Aero Wax Wash ALL at aircraftspruce.com . Also available at Amazon. So easy and quick to apply. Wish we had discovered it along time ago. It leaves our full body paint so smooth with a nice looking finish. Originally designed for aircraft.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have been using Nu Finish for years with good success. It almost take a whole bottle to do the rig. As I do not have full body paint the decals need special care. Nu Finish and others do not want you putting there product on the vinyl decals. Once I am done waxing (polishing) I go over the decals with Max's vinyl and graphics restore. I have had great success with the product on all my graphics. https://www.mckees37.com/rv-vinyl-de...restorer.html#

Good Luck safe travels
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:29 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Been using this for many years now, pretty easy to use and works well.

Meguiar'sŪ Marine/RV Pure Wax Carnauba Blend, M5616, 16 oz., Liquid

https://www.meguiars.com/marine/prod...6-16-oz-liquid
Old 02-17-2021, 08:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Good suggestions, I will check them all out.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Aero Cosmetics: here is the link www.washwax.com/

You can buy different parts or buy a kit that includes a Wash Wax Mop Kit with Aluminum Twist-Lock Pole. Faster, safer, easier waterless washing and waxing system. You can use it wet or dry. You don't need any ladders. It's quick and easy, it was originally designed for airplanes. I used it on my airplane, and now on my motorhome.
Freedom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:52 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I use Wash-Wax system also

I use Wash-Wax also. I use the long pole applicator. That let's me do the cab-over on my View without falling off a ladder. It's a little pricey to get started, but it's worth it to me because it's safer to use.

Regards, Jerry
Old 02-21-2021, 06:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

I have been using Turtle Wax wash 'n wax shine we bought the rig in 2003. Easy on with a long handle brush, easy off with a hose & sprayer. Coach has 130k miles after 17 years & still looks great.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:21 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom24 View Post
Aero Cosmetics: here is the link www.washwax.com/

You can buy different parts or buy a kit that includes a Wash Wax Mop Kit with Aluminum Twist-Lock Pole. Faster, safer, easier waterless washing and waxing system. You can use it wet or dry. You don't need any ladders. It's quick and easy, it was originally designed for airplanes. I used it on my airplane, and now on my motorhome.
Sounds good but the link doesn't work [Webmaster Edit: Link works now]
Old 02-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Try www.washwax.com
Old 02-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Aero wash/wax-all here too. I use it every couple of weeks. I can finish my little trailer in about 20 minutes.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Bisson View Post
Aero Wax Wash ALL
This is what I use. It's made here in San Antonio but you have to go to "The Pilot Shoppe" near the airport to buy it.

It's the same price on Amazon... but a trip to a store for pilots is kind of fun.

It's widely used and well reviewed. However, I will say it's very easy to apply but isn't super long-lasting. I do mine 3-times a year. But as I said previously, it's easy to apply.

It's claim to fame for RVs (and airplanes) is that you can do a waterless "wash" of your RV with it as you apply it. You'll see people doing this at RV Parks that don't permit washing the RV at a campsite.

I don't use it that way. I wash my RV just like this video. However, I use a "Simple Chuck" water deionizer and not this one in the video:

Old 03-14-2021, 06:38 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I have been using a product called "Finish First Polish" for many years. The beauty of this product is that you can apply it to your whole coach since yours in inside, and buff it off the next day with ease. I have a 36 ft coach and it is in a covered shed and I love the ease of the process and the shine is beautiful. good luck, Jim
Old 03-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Sounds good but the link doesn't work
Sorry, I don't know why, maybe it's the slash on the end. You can try this link: https://washwax.com
You can do a search of Aero Cosmetics, it's on Amazon as well.
Freedom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:50 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom24 View Post
Sorry, I don't know why, maybe it's the slash on the end. You can try this link: https://washwax.com
You can do a search of Aero Cosmetics, it's on Amazon as well.
The reason your link didn't work is you copied the entire URL from a web browser and it included the "https://" in the link you copied. And then you used the Globe Icon in the format bar to paste that link into the post. The problem was that the Globe Icon in the format bar also adds "http://" to the URL so you were posting "http://https://" into the URL.

You almost never need to use the Globe Link icon to add a link to your post.

The best way to put a full URL that you've copied from a browser is to simply paste it into the body of the post. The forum software will recognize it and create a link automatically.

Here's a bit more info about this.

The forum software is looking for "www" to automatically create a link. So, if you post "google.com" the forum software will not automatically create a link. But if you post "www.google.com" it will automatically create a link.

(You'll notice that when I posted that google URL with www it wasn't made into a link - that's because I used some hidden methods to keep that from happening.)
Old 03-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Sorry but surprised no one is in love with some NANO tech polish, OR did i miss it.

there are numerous NANO tech polishes out there and some NON rain period soon will try one.

seems they should have some advantage is well engineered and lasting.

Do gel coat areas need a diff polish than painted areas ??

I have micro cracking on 1 area and something to fill that in would be great - any suggestions ?

TIA !
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote