Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Hmmm I just re-read your post? What are you talking about can't even remove plastic or vinyl from under the closet? I have not taken it a part yet? Its an up and comimg project and why reinvent the wheel if someone has already tackled the job. ;-)
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:52 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
I was only able to get some not so great photos because the motorhome is in storage and I am unable to put the slideouts out. Sorry

BTW, I installed the skylight where no skylight ever existed to add daylight and ventilation into the bedroom.

Nice work I like the skylight. I'm thinking about putting up a low clearance fan there. Wife loves air movement. I'm not looking forward to doing it but I'm sure once I'm done it will be no big deal. Just have to take my time and worse case I will have a trim shop make a new panel
Old 03-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Apology accepted please post pictures of how you installed the foam and vynal i"am sure there are many here who would be instead, i was not trying to do a factory type repair just tired of it falling, the only thing holding it to was the light and vents i get the foam if you can do it but it doesn't look that bad glued directly to the plywood i think it is acceptable for a diy guy. Good luck with your project.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataska View Post
Apology accepted please post pictures of how you installed the foam and vynal i"am sure there are many here who would be instead, i was not trying to do a factory type repair just tired of it falling, the only thing holding it to was the light and vents i get the foam if you can do it but it doesn't look that bad glued directly to the plywood i think it is acceptable for a diy guy. Good luck with your project.

I'm going totry this weekend to do the repair. I did check and it was a glue failure and now I am sure it was from the excessive heat from my turbo pipe coming loose. It is directly over the engine compartment. Also it was the glue that separated from the headliner material. So I confirmed that was no water damage to the coach. Hopefully it wont be to bad of a project
Old 03-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

I hope it goes well for you it is a project.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:23 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
I was only able to get some not so great photos because the motorhome is in storage and I am unable to put the slideouts out. Sorry

BTW, I installed the skylight where no skylight ever existed to add daylight and ventilation into the bedroom.

I like what you did there, and actually thought of that as a long term fix. After all, I am sure there will be more headliner coming down in the future. When I suggested this to the DW, I got the finger down the throat look. She did however state, "It's your motor home, do what you want" and I may do just that. Would love to see how you used your template to get such a uniform pattern.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:55 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

LOL ........it's your motorhome until she doesn't like the fix
Old 03-25-2021, 01:25 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Oh heck Yeah, I am well aware of that, god love her!!!
Old 03-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Can't live with them and can't live without them and backing over them when getting to a new camp site might be illegal. I think that using the glue and giving it time to tack will do fine also. I found some flat wood strips that you could run through a planner to make them thinner.Take one of the old strips to the paint big box store and have them match the color then the then strips of wood will fit right in
Old 02-26-2022, 06:41 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone tried to sand the wood and paint it or sprayed with popcorn finish or glued some type of paneling or something?
madred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:59 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Well a little update the back panel that came loose and I did a quick repair on it was maybe to quick. Because it started to come down. Originally it came down when we had a turbo pipe come loose and super heated that back bedroom. Must have melted the glue. Anyone feeling the temp getting super hot in there I would maybe suggest running a fan going down the road.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Has anybody tried using a closed cell foam? It's doesn't break down. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

Tags
journey