Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2020, 06:18 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I've done a web search on the part number on my existing LED, but no results so I imagine they are discontinued. I also searched the Winnebago site with no success.

Anyone have a replacement to recommend? Also, from the replacements I found, none look like they will retrofit. Does that mean I need to replace the housing too?

Thanks
For mine, the original unit had 21 LED’s, which I couldn’t locate. The current model had 15 LED’s and was in abundant supply. They are slightly dimmer, but not much and still throw plenty of light. The manu (Not Winnie) part # for mine were 69240NS-15-3k-DB. The old units were the same part #, just replace the 15 with 21. They are made by ITC. https://www.itc-rv.com/product/4-5-r...ead-led-light/

When I replaced mine, you pulled the whole unit out and cut the wires. The new ones were wired in and then reinstalled. Not a bad job, by the end I could knock out in about 10 min.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
For mine, the original unit had 21 LED’s, which I couldn’t locate. The current model had 15 LED’s and was in abundant supply. They are slightly dimmer, but not much and still throw plenty of light. The manu (Not Winnie) part # for mine were 69240NS-15-3k-DB. The old units were the same part #, just replace the 15 with 21. They are made by ITC. https://www.itc-rv.com/product/4-5-r...ead-led-light/

When I replaced mine, you pulled the whole unit out and cut the wires. The new ones were wired in and then reinstalled. Not a bad job, by the end I could knock out in about 10 min.
Thanks Blastvalve! Mine are the 21 LED models as well. I appreciate the link, but the page shows an error code. There are a couple recommendations that look like the entire assembly is replaced. Is that correct?

Thanks again,

Fred
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Fred - Anytime! You are 100% correct, you can’t replace the “bulb”, you have to pull out the whole unit and replace. It’s not too difficult, just need to be patient:

Make sure power is off.

1. Twist glass lens cover and remove.
2. Remove 3 screws on outer perimeter.
3. Unit is likely stuck to vinyl ceiling. GENTLY push your finger in around the edge of the unit and the ceiling and separate, it will be really stuck at first but as you slowly work fingers around unit it gets easier. May need to do a couple “laps” around the edge to fully unstick.
4. Pull unit down and note colors of wires. Cut wires to remove old unit.
5. Wire new unit in place. (I used “butt” connectors but your choice)
6. Repeat steps 3-1 in Reverse order.

I know they sell on Amazon but I bought my most recent here: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/ITC-4...-p/18-1346.htm

(I’d had some issues with the ones from Amazon being shipped in packing envelopes and arriving pulverized, I gave up as it was getting comical by the 3rd unit)

The stock pictures are misleading, it will come with the 3 screw holes and not springs. From the manufacturer page I sent but won’t work for you:
Spring Mount (69240-21-3KE) (69240-15-3KE),
Screw Mount (69240NS-21-3KE) (69240NS-15-3KE)

It’s really not too tough a job, getting the old one out was probably the hardest part as I was petrified I would tear the ceiling. (I’d owned the coach for 1 week). The wiring was pretty simple, it’s 2 wires.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Bought several of these (item 333549470014) on ebay (previously $4 ea)and they are bright and work great. the on off button is a push button in the middle of the light.
TATANKA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Blastvalve, again thank you so much for the awesome instructions and source for the light. You couldn't have made it any simpler! I'll follow up after I tackle the replacement.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Anytime and good luck!
Old 06-20-2020, 09:40 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Blastvalve - Sorry to hijack the original question, but I have tried to remove mine and can't. The dealer made it sound simple like you did but the darn things won't twist. I have a 2019 Adventurer and have tried several lights and they won't budge. Any suggestions how to remove would be appreciated. Thank you.
Del
Dray1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:01 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Dray - I had a few that really took some work as well. I remember a couple I had to really put my palm hard to the glass and push and twist. I think I hit the point on one of “well, the replacement has a new lens, what’s the worst that can happen”. It may take a little but they will twist off, the vinyl ceiling is amazing.y sticky!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:17 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply.
These are plastic, so when you push, they collapse.
I want to save the one I'm removing.
I'm thinking I may buy one that appears the same and learn on it before I use it.
Dray1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Del

That’s interesting, mine were glass lenses so while you had to push on them a little bit, they held their form fine. I agree, see if you can find a replacement and figure it out with that one before you start cranking on anything.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

Sometimes things seem to stick on Rv that don't in any other place. I've kind of put it down to being part of the way they heat up so much when stored. Things like plastic coated seem like they almost melt together and if we are not sure about turning or twisting in the right way, it certainly does get on the nerves.
Sometimes I get down to knowing what I have is not working so if I break it, I'm not too much worse off!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

R2D2, do your lights have a glass cover that you can twist and remove? If so, they are most likely lights from ITC. I’m not sure what diameter your lights are. I believe that you measure the glass or metal diameter. If so, here is the link for the 3” diameter light on Amazon. I have a 2016 Winnie Vista 30T but I bet that there the same lights as they look lit it in your picture.
3” light:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the larger 4.8” light. It is no longer available on Amazon but you can get them from ITC or order from a Winnebago dealer or RVGrades as mentioned above. It’s the same model number.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Lakejumper,

Thanks for the link for ITC. Good to know there are other options. The ones that are flickering in my coach are 4.5's and glass lens. I do have some 3.0's, but no issue with them.......yet.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:57 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray1953 View Post
Blastvalve - Sorry to hijack the original question, but I have tried to remove mine and can't. The dealer made it sound simple like you did but the darn things won't twist. I have a 2019 Adventurer and have tried several lights and they won't budge. Any suggestions how to remove would be appreciated. Thank you.
Del
Del,

They are hard to break loose from my experience. Mine are glass and probably will take more pressure, but I thought I was going to break something before it finally spun off. Be careful with the plastic not to get cut up if it breaks, but I'm sure you'll find the right amount of pressure to get it off. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Apparently I jinxed myself by replying to this thread, our last trip this weekend 1 of the lights in the rear Bathroom started flickering. Guessing if 1 was going the other wasn’t far behind, so I ordered 2 replacements and will install tonight. By my count, all that’s left is the 4 in the bedroom and then I will have replaced all the 4.5 size fixtures!

Picture of the OEM box in case anyone is on the hunt for one and wants to see what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	174302  
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:04 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

May be time to give up my day job and enter the career field of “Vista Interior lighting technician”. 2 lights, complete swap out, 12 minutes. =)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:16 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

I finally got everything needed to do this replacement. Again Blastvalve, your instructions were perfect! Since I don't have a lot of supplies in my stash, I ended up making a couple Home Depot and Amazon trips before I could tackle the swap.

I got the light and bought crimp on butt connectors accordingly. When I got the light down from the ceiling, I found the wire gauge on the coach was different than the new light and didn't fit the connectors I bought. So back to HD for something that would work. I ended up with a connector that is like a wire nut, but is crimp on. That worked perfectly and is actually the same as the type installed on the assembly line.

As for getting the light out of the ceiling, I bought a small metal pry bar which worked great; no marks on the ceiling. It took a little finesse, but no problem. Now putting it back in was another story. The hole for the light was very tight! It looks like there is plywood or masonite that the ceiling material is attached to. It took some banging to get the light to seat because of the tabs on the side of the fixture. Next time I'll be prepared to trim the substrate to make the install easier.

Still, it was about a ten minute job.

Thanks again for all of the help and advice!

Fred

Tags
led, light, lights