Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2023, 04:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Camper is almost useless need help.

Hi all,

We recently took a trip with our 2022 Micro Minnie FLX 2100BH. When we got to camp our slide out failed to open all the way out.. after going in and out multiple times I got it out all the way. However when we left I retracted it and now it won't go out again. It makes a noise like it's jumping a gear on one sides track and is notably misaligned inside and out. Without the slide working it's too small inside to use. Is there a way i can reajust it? Or fix it? I am guessing we hit a bump on the freeway.. Please help thank you for everything.

Hamers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230730_152339.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	186809   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230730_152337.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	186810  

Hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

What is the brand and year of your RV, brand of slide mechanism? I would call a few mobile RV technicians and ask about their qualifications for repairing slide mechanisms. If they aren't qualified, ask for recommendations.

This is 1 of the largest RV technician schools tech-finder webpages.
https://rvtaa.org/locate/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
Site Team

I think Winnebago is or was using Schwintec slides on the Micro Minnie. This is definitely something you want to call an independent tech on.

They get a lot of calls like this I can assure you.
Old 08-01-2023, 06:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I can tell by the picture it's a Schwintech. I don't know what model, but you can call Lippert and find out. (It looks like the one I have.) There will be an ID tag on the inside-vertical seal.

My controller is located underneath the bottom-right corner of the slide. There are instructions on Lippert's site for getting your slide back into position useing the controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	186837  
Old 08-01-2023, 06:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the replies and assistance. After further investigation I can see that the lower front corner of the slide shown in Pic is bent where the little guild wheel interfaces with the track. I have been trying to work with winnebago and my local shop but they are next to useless.. anyone have luck bending something like this back into place? Again thank you for the help. I have been looking at how this brand and model of slide work on YouTube.
Hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 09:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I think Winnebago is or was using Schwintec slides on the Micro Minnie. This is definitely something you want to call an independent tech on.

They get a lot of calls like this I can assure you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamers View Post
Thank you all for the replies and assistance. After further investigation I can see that the lower front corner of the slide shown in Pic is bent where the little guild wheel interfaces with the track. I have been trying to work with winnebago and my local shop but they are next to useless.. anyone have luck bending something like this back into place? Again thank you for the help. I have been looking at how this brand and model of slide work on YouTube.
That's why Creativepart is recommending an independent, which in my opinion is good advice.

Tags
need help