Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2022, 09:01 AM   #1
2108FBS Flex owner

Angry Voyager Backup Camera

Hi all,

My Winnebago 2108FBS FLX was prewired for the Voyager backup camera. I purchased one when we bought the camper two weeks ago and finally had a chance to use it last weekend. It started out with a clear picture but as the drive went on the camera fogged up. A google search revealed this is not uncommon. I called Voyager and they said they would ship me a new camera if I would pay to ship them my old one. They would send me a new camera after they received my old camera. For a $461 purchase price this type of customer support seams lame. All because I chose to install it myself rather than have the dealer install it. I'm no rocket scientist but I would say I am a professional level screw driver operator. I managed to remove and install four screws all without supervision.

Winnebago should look at going with a different camera manufacturer in the future.
The.Savages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Before you go through that, clean the camera lens. When I first got my Voyager wireless camera it also fogged up, Turned out road debris/spray had gotten on the lens. I still have to clean the lens 2-4X a year.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:45 AM   #3
2108FBS Flex owner

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that. I did find out that the 4" Voyager setup on bought on Amazon isn't even made anymore. That could be part of the problem. I returned that system and bought the Voyager system with the 7" screen. Way better results.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I like the 7" screen too, and the 170° camera.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:32 AM   #5
2108FBS Flex owner

Roger

Tags
camera, voyage