Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Toad Lights flash every couple of seconds

I have the RM-15267 Roadmaster Diode 7-Wire to 6-Wire Flexo-Coil Wiring Kit installed on my 2019 GMC Acadia for a few months now. Everything works great as it should but someone pointed out to me that when the car is connected to a 2017 Winnebago View motorhome the outside rear signal lights both flash very weakly at about a 2sec rate when everything is off. The motorhome lights don't seem to flash, only the car and again very weak. You can only notice it at night. It doesn't run down the car battery or anything. As soon as I disconnect the cable from the motorhome, it stops. Anyone else report this? Any fixes? Obviously coming from the motor home. Thanks.
rreynolds51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm new here and recently worked through some strange taillight behavior interfacing our 2014 Navion IQ (i.e., Winnebago View) to our 2018 Buick Envision recently outfitted to be our Toad. For us, it turned out that the Sprinter trailer electronics are set up for incandescent lamp loads and not the lighter, LED loads on our Envision. The MB technician that I talked to indicated that anomalous behavior shows up differently for different people. For me, the right turn signal wouldn't work normally. Left and Stop worked fine. But when signaling to turn right, both the left and right tail lamps would just flash very briefly on a 1-2 second interval. The solution for us was to add a resistive load between the connector and our cable. This is the part we used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4AYR3U. Now, initially, when I plugged it in, things didn't change. For some reason, it took a few minutes and then things behaved the way they were supposed to. Again, I'm not sure this will solve your situation, but Amazon has a good return policy if it doesn't. Good luck.
Origami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

There is an old thread on irv2.com addressing this problem. I don't remember anything more about the long thread.

FWIW, many of the new threads here by newer members have been addressed years ago on irv2.com.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 01:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Toad Lights Flash

I'd forgotten about this issue! I got a couple of inputs, one maybe add a resistive load and the other was run a separate ground wire. I think I just unplugged the toad when I parked for the night if I didn't unhook. I'll look into it again next week since we are getting ready for a trip.
rreynolds51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

This often shows up in wierd ways as mentioned and I think the basicidea is going to be the way we are adding differing amounts of load to the RV circuits and how that circuit is designed to do the decsion of turning lights on/off.

I think lots of the confusion comes fromconnecting different cars to different RV as a newer car may have LED/ solid state items making that decision or we may do the other and connect an older car with those older partsto a newer RV which has the new parts! That gives lots of different setups with all the different brands involved, soon confusion is normal!
I think changing the amount of resistance in the load when both combined is the most likely way to go but again, I would expect lots of different setups to cause lots of different questions and solutions.
There are cars which reguire changes when folks change the dome/interior lights to LED which draw too little current.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, toad