Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2023, 07:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Receiver Class on Minnie FLX 2108DS

Hello, Does anyone know what class the receiver is on the Minnie FLX 2108DS, looking at towing a 12’ utility trailer behind with my side by side on it. The receiver is bolted to the frame of the trailer.
ShawnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would guess it is a class III based on the 2" reciever. I have not checked mine but i've read that there is a tag on the hitch.
I assume you live in a state that allows towing behind a trailer and probably want to stay within the tounge weight recommended by Winnebago.
mfouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfouts View Post
I would guess it is a class III based on the 2" reciever. I have not checked mine but i've read that there is a tag on the hitch.
I assume you live in a state that allows towing behind a trailer and probably want to stay within the tounge weight recommended by Winnebago.
Living in Canada, not a problem here unless you are over a certain combined length. Thanks for input will check to see if there is a tag. I assumed the same as you, 2” receiver. Couldn’t find the max tongue weight anywhere.
ShawnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 07:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I am seeing up to 600# but that is not from the manufacturer. My concern would be that and weight you add to the back of the trailer may make it a bit unstable. I have noticed that if l don't have the WDH on and adjusted properly or I lighten up the tongue weight a bit the trailer does not settle very well behind my 1/2 ton truck.
mfouts is offline   Reply With Quote