Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2020, 07:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky

In a search I recently came across what seems to be an awesome National Recreation Area in Kentucky called Land Between the Lakes. Has anyone been there and what was your opinion of the area? Worth an 11 hour drive? How was the camping?
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Been there a long time back and it was good camping at the time but not much different than camping on most other lakes in the nicer parts of the country. There is land between the lakes but generally one would not know that if he did not look at a map. There is a ridge that runs down between the lakes to give it the name but you drive off the ridge and down to ne lake or another, so it is not like you can tell you are between the lakes.
So I would not call it worth driving far to camp there versus camping at any other lake on the route. Nice big lakes but I find I can only use a small portion of most lakes anyway. When camping without a boat, a mile of water looks pretty much like a hundred miles of water? Nice place, just not that much different than dozens of other places, perhaps.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
Site Team

We were scheduled to camp there last year but had an A/C breakdown in Springfield, MO the Friday before we were to arrive. We had to wait until Monday for the repair.

There are a zillion YouTube videos about the camping there and it looks great. One thing I know it's JAMMED FULL virtually all Summer long. We were due in Sept and had issues finding a reservation even then.