Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-30-2015, 06:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

15 Vista 35F main TV question

Hi everyone, we just picked up our new 15 Vista 35F late yesterday the service guy was having trouble getting the D-TV working. I brought the box and he said he had it working with one of their older test boxes and he said it was receiver that I brought. The Winegard system is locked in and has found the satellites and the D-TV box should at least be showing the welcome to DTV screen on the TV and the set up part but its saying no signal. So when I got home I brought a DVD player and connected it to the component cables that they used and there was still no pic. (who uses component anymore?? HDMI is SO much easier) Me and my son couldn't even figure how to get the TV off of its mount to check the connections. Does anyone know how to get the TV to swing out or at least off of it mount?? It's a 40" TV in the mid coach set up with a fireplace underneath of it. We used a mirror to see behind it and we connected my own component cable and then used my own HDMI cable and we had a picture both with the DVD and the D-TV box so there unfortunately seems to be any issue with the component cable that they have running through the RV to the main TV. I'm supper bummed and very disappointed because not only did we pay a lot of money for the RV we paid a lot money for the satellite system and it obviously has a wiring issue. I'm bringing it back on Monday but I was just wondering how the heck you get to the back of the TV to check the connections. Thanks guys :-) Mike
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Does your DirecTv receiver require a b channel converter?
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Digger29, depending on what options you have there may be a Video Distribution Center and it requires a power supply plugged in a 110vac recept. I have heard of this not getting plugged at the factory. It is in the overheard drivers side.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Digger29 Does your TV mount look like this drawing. Looks like they changed the mounted between the earlier and late 2015 models. In the drawing there is row of screws on top and a roll of screws on the bottom in to the back wall then the TV lifts up to remove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 35F TV Bracket.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	95652   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 35F TV Bracke_2t.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	95654  

Old 05-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I think if you have a SWM DTV receiver and not a SWM setup in the MH you will need a B-Band adapter. The adapter screws onto the Satellite in port on the back of the receiver then the line from the dish on to the B-Band. I used that type setup for the previous five years until switching to Dish this year. I contacted DirecTV and was sent two free B-Band adapters.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

On my 2014 there are 5 screws in the top of the bracket that need to be removed. Then you lift up on the TV to remove it from the bottom mount. Of course yours may be different but an inspection mirror does wonders.
As far as RCA cables that connect to the receiver make sure you don't use the yellow one. You should be using Red Blue Green Red and White. Also you may need check and see if the distribution box is powered on and actually there. It should be located in the passenger side front top bin. There is an outlet up there that should have a plug in it to power it. My distribution box was not there.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Digger29 Does your TV mount look like this drawing. Looks like they changed the mounted between the earlier and late 2015 models. In the drawing there is row of screws on top and a roll of screws on the bottom in to the back wall then the TV lifts up to remove.
Thanks for all the replies and this based on the flashlight and mirror definitely appears to be the mount set up.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Digger29, depending on what options you have there may be a Video Distribution Center and it requires a power supply plugged in a 110vac recept. I have heard of this not getting plugged at the factory. It is in the overheard drivers side.
You were right and the distribution plug wasn't plugged in. Thanks brother
Old 06-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

So my son bought me a sound bar for fathers day because the sound from the stock 40" LED tv speakers was just terrible and when running the AC you'd have to have the volume at full max just to hear it. So we're out here and we can't figure out how to get the TV off of it's wall mount to plug in the optical cable for the sound bar. Because of the bracket used there is no access to the TV's input/outputs so it has to come off of the wall to plug anything into it. It looks just like the diagram above but you can't get to the top 5 screws to lift the tv off of it's mount. I hooked up DTV to all 3 TVs and I was able to get to the 5 screws on top of the bedrooms 32" and take it down to connect the cables but we're out here scratching our heads just how to take this tv down. Does anyone have a clue how to take this sucker down?? Thanks, Mike
Old 06-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Digger29, can you see the screws? Maybe you need to take that piece of trim just above the TV off.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Digger29, can you see the screws? Maybe you need to take that piece of trim just above the TV off.
My thoughts exactly. It appears to be on there with 6 finish nails. Dumb question but how would you pry it off without leaving marks on it?
Old 06-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Digger29, with a mirror look at the back of that trim strip the furring strip may be held in with screws.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
So my son bought me a sound bar for fathers day because the sound from the stock 40" LED tv speakers was just terrible and when running the AC you'd have to have the volume at full max just to hear it. So we're out here and we can't figure out how to get the TV off of it's wall mount to plug in the optical cable for the sound bar. Because of the bracket used there is no access to the TV's input/outputs so it has to come off of the wall to plug anything into it. It looks just like the diagram above but you can't get to the top 5 screws to lift the tv off of it's mount. I hooked up DTV to all 3 TVs and I was able to get to the 5 screws on top of the bedrooms 32" and take it down to connect the cables but we're out here scratching our heads just how to take this tv down. Does anyone have a clue how to take this sucker down?? Thanks, Mike
You should be able to run the TV sound thru the front stereo deck and thru the aux speakers which should include the sub woofer.
this may or may not be true but I would look into it. Installing a sound bar may not be necessary.