Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.LEO View Post
I'm thinking either new or near new Kia Soul with a manual trans. Around 18K for a new car, 12-14K for a very low mileage late model is hard to beat.
Depends on how much you plan to drive it. We started with a Fiat 500 with a manual transmission. Super light. Super inexpensive to buy used at a couple of years old. Very easy to tow.

When driving it at a destination it was fine for short trips to the store. But longer sightseeing excursions were not much fun.

It was a 3rd car in a 2-person household and not our daily driver. We tired of the little car and sold it and my daily driver and found a car we liked to drive all the time in the Lincoln MKX.

I'd prefer to have one car for the two of us. We don't drive all that much. But my wife is not going to give up her BMW 5-series.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Jeep Toad

Order a new a Jeep Diesel
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:10 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2018 Equinox diesel that I flat tow behind my Winnebago view. I have towed it about 14,000 miles so far. I have had no problems with it so far and we really like it. I can highly recommend this vehicle. However it appears that the 2020 model does not offer a diesel option. It’s too bad that Chevrolet has dropped the diesel as this is a great flat towing car.
rx4fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6vvo View Post
Order a new a Jeep Diesel
I was not aware that Jeep made a diesel. What model?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

We have a 07 Honda CRV as our TOAD and never have had any issues towing over 65 mph. Since there is no warranty to worry about we tow at whatever speed we need to. We always assumed this was like many trailers which have 65 mph as the max speed. But never had any issues driving faster. Good Luck
LizandBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

There going to have a Wrangler diesel next year , they make a small suv with a diesel now. The diesel JL is going to be the hot ticket.
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow