Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2022, 02:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Question for Admin/Moderators...

I have this Winnie forum password 'recorded' in my browser so it auto inserts it when I sign in here on the forum. It worked yesterday, just opened and I was commenting on threads. Today it didn't work at all. I had to ask for a new temp pswd, then reset it. This has happened several times over the years with this site.

It's very annoying. My pswrd is very complex so NO, it wasn't hacked.

In this case, (and this isn't the first time it's happened) this forum's software somehow changed my password. The autofill I have in this browser shows the password correctly and would have entered it correctly when I clicked on your Usr/pswd form page but this site refused to accept it today...not yesterday, but today. How did it change my password without my permission or knowledge? I hope this will be fixed because it appears you have a bug.

Thanks.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Team

The only way that I know this could happen is if you changed your password at some other RV Life website or application. All of the RV Life operated web services are set up on one password. For instance, if you change your password at even just one RVL site like irv2.com or campgroundreviews or RVTripWizzard or Fuelly, etc then your password is changed to that new password everywhere and the password set in your browser for this website would no longer be valid.

I know of no other way what you describe could happen.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Which leads me to believe that there's a bug. Because this time and the other times it's happened, I had NOT changed my password that spans all the sites in your network. I'm aware of that and would change the two involved at the same time like the last time I changed them for security reasons. I did not change the iRV2 password recently. I'm not involved with the other sites. Just iRV2 and this one.

So though I'm an IT pro (retired) and know how to deal with this sort of thing, I'm concerned about amateurs that might not have my background that use this site. Plus it's annoying. Probably more because it's annoying than the other thing (snort).

Just sayin'.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Sorry Jim, I have no idea of what might be the problem that causes your issue.

It’s never happened to me here and at this point no one else has reported the problem. But maybe I just don’t know of anyone else who’s experience mirrors yours.