Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #541
Winnebago Camper

Hi; thanks for the good wishes, just got back from the August outing with the OTT group and a good time was had by all.
Take care
Aussi
Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #542
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs up New to Winnebago

We are new owners of a 2009 Winnebago Chalet, 25 ft on a Ford chassis. Traded from a 32 ft class A 1996 Pursuit that was too big for my DW. Love it so far and will shake it down next week on a trip to Michigan to finish our map of the 50 states for our 50th anniversary.
Have just found IRV2 this week and can't leave. Still looking for other Chalet owners. Have gotten lots of good info. Thanks to all who have posted before.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #543
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy tucer View Post
Good Evening , I was told years ago that Winnebago had the best engineering , and made a coach to last a long time . Well I lived in Pa. for a long time and had to have a inspection once a year , and even the inspectors said they were the best for the money .
Keep up the good work Winnebago.. Tommy Tucer

Welcome neighbor....we'll have to get together and talk Winnie's over dinner. Let me know when you are ready. We don't mind driving to Lakeland on a weekend.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #544
Winnebago Camper

We just traded in our 04 33v adventurer 8.1 for an 04 horizon kd 350 cummins. We had good luck with our adventurer and hoping for the same with the new to us horizon. We had 30,000 miles on the adventurer and the horizon has 12,000 miles.
We are hoping to retire in 3 years.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #545
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzig View Post
We just traded in our 04 33v adventurer 8.1 for an 04 horizon kd 350 cummins. We had good luck with our adventurer and hoping for the same with the new to us horizon. We had 30,000 miles on the adventurer and the horizon has 12,000 miles.
We are hoping to retire in 3 years.
Congratulations on your trade and I am sure you will enjoy driving it. We just traded our 03 Chieftain for a 05 Horizon 40KD and so far my DW loves the interior. I am trying to get used to the diesel. They are sure a different animal. My DW drove the last one but I have not as yet been able to get her behind the steering wheel.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #546
Winnebago Camper

Don, Thanks for the response, I have not gotten my wife to drive this one either, but working on it. The deisel is a lot diferent, I do like the low noise level up front. i am also enjoying the air ride. We did have a problem dumping the air when we first got it. We had ro replace the hwh contr4ol box. I also had to pin the pantry under the sink and the closet door from sliding out while driving.Let me know if you have any tips.
Jerry
Old 09-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #547
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I don't know that I've piped in on this thread so I had to pull the trigger. We've RV'd in some form for several years off-and-on. Started with a pop-up and TT. Then a couple of years ago we went for a Class A gasser.

I'd always wanted a MH and couldn't resist the 1999 National Dolphin 36' we found that was in fantastic condition. Long story short, we bought it and enjoyed it a little over a year. Then I got a temp contract assignment in San Francisco for this year (2011). I hated to see the RV just sit back in TN so we put it up for sale....of course I wanted a little newer unit also! hehehe Ended up selling it in a couple months and started looking for a Winnebago that was a little shorter and had two slides. I got sold on the Winnebago when I saw the solid roof, support online, and so many other features that show that Winnebago has put thought into their RVs over the years.

We looked for months and finally found a 2002 32V, double slide, Winnebago Adventurer. Only problem was it was in Texas. So, after a lot of emails and calls I flew to Texas to look it over. Ended up buying it b/c it was as advertised. By the way, great dealer .... Best Preowned RV . Even got new hardwood floors in the RV and a warranty!

We're going off on our first 'run' with the RV over the next few weeks. Actually were going to a local state park that is closer to our daughter's house since the first grandchild is coming this week!!!!!!! So, keep us in mind with the new addition to the family and the new-to-use RV addition.
A quick update. The RV checked out great. The rest of the story is a tree limb feel on our son-in-laws truck (I borrowed) and busted his front & driver's window, plus several huge dents on it.

Then we return home and wait a few days ..... storm rolls through and neighbors tree falls on RV. If you want to follow here ya go.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #548
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
A quick update. The RV checked out great. The rest of the story is a tree limb feel on our son-in-laws truck (I borrowed) and busted his front & driver's window, plus several huge dents on it.

Then we return home and wait a few days ..... storm rolls through and neighbors tree falls on RV. If you want to follow here ya go.

Wow, you guys have been to hell and back. Wow!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #549
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
Wow, you guys have been to hell and back. Wow!
It's a matter of keeping in perspective what's important and what REALLY isn't in life.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #550
Winnebago Watcher

tombob here just came on board 04 suncruiser 08 wrangler toad love both
Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #551
Winnebago Watcher

Huh, Just realized I've been here for a month and never posted in this forum. I have a 1979 Winnebago Chieftain that I am trying to get running. I hope I have it running this weekend.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #552
Winnebago Watcher

I am having trouble starting my adventurer after it has been running for awhile. After it sits for 1 to 2 hours it starts fine. Any one having this kind of problem? I had heard that there was a notice put out by winnebago about a wiring problem related to this too.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #553
Winnebago Camper

Hi after a warm (hot) summer fall is in the air and temps have cooled. Got the MH serviced and winterized the bugs have been cleaned off ant the rig washed. I do have a problem with the waterheater bypass valve, might have to replace it at a later date other than that the Itasca 05 sunrise works (runs) just great.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #554
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurance View Post
I am having trouble starting my adventurer after it has been running for awhile. After it sits for 1 to 2 hours it starts fine. Any one having this kind of problem? I had heard that there was a notice put out by winnebago about a wiring problem related to this too.
Ya might need to post some info on the year, engine, etc before you can get any specific help. Also, try posting in the Winnebago section in the forum. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #555
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurance View Post
What kind of problem is it? Won't turn over? Turns over but slow? Spins fast but doesn't start? Need more info.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #556
Winnebago Camper

Hi Laurance; had a car once with the same problem ended up installing a heatshield on the starter which fixed that problem, just a thought
Old 12-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #557
Winnebago Watcher

HWH Problems in 32' Journey DL

Hi, new owner here with a leveling problem. Our 'new' rig is a 2003 32'Journey DL with the Cummins 5.9. It has the HWH leveling system. I need help with this. When I was putting up the jacks the last time, the RL didn't retract all the way and I couldn't push it up. Fortunately it was only down 2"+ and there was plenty of clearance, but the darn buzzer drove me crazy all the way home. Since that one got 'stuck' none of the system went up or down. By way of 'full disclosure' I probably 'interrupted the system by turning the key or trying to slide a room or something, but so far I can't find anything - including the fuses or the hydraulic pump to use the manual retract. all ideas needed. the manual simply says take it for service, but there must be something simple - a reset or something. all help appreciated. getting the rig ready for Baja bound in three weeks. thanks,
Old 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #558
Winnebago Owner

Sort of a lurker

Bought our first MH this summer, 98 Chieftain, currently in winter storage, have posted a few times on this site as well as the Chassis site.
Love the forum and the great information everyone shares. As we are new I am more in the learning than sharing phase. Everyone please keep up the good work
Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #559
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannoncreek View Post
Hi, new owner here with a leveling problem. Our 'new' rig is a 2003 32'Journey DL with the Cummins 5.9. It has the HWH leveling system. I need help with this. When I was putting up the jacks the last time, the RL didn't retract all the way and I couldn't push it up. Fortunately it was only down 2"+ and there was plenty of clearance, but the darn buzzer drove me crazy all the way home. Since that one got 'stuck' none of the system went up or down. By way of 'full disclosure' I probably 'interrupted the system by turning the key or trying to slide a room or something, but so far I can't find anything - including the fuses or the hydraulic pump to use the manual retract. all ideas needed. the manual simply says take it for service, but there must be something simple - a reset or something. all help appreciated. getting the rig ready for Baja bound in three weeks. thanks,
My advice is to call HWH at 1-800-321-3494. They will help you diagnose your jack problem. They are a very customer friendly company. If you have a computer you can access their Web-site HERE

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #560
Winnebago Watcher

Marlybelle

Thanks - we have a 2006 Journey & just retired January 2010. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Closed Thread