Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-24-2023, 08:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We are Newbies w/ 2018 Micro Minnie 2108DS

My wife, Tammy and I are new owners of a 2018 Winnebago micro mini 2 108DS. First time RVers. We are looking to our first trip up to the lake where we live in mid January. We want to stay local first to make sure we got all the necessary procedures down. Any thoughts from anyone would really help. Looking forward to more information on this forum. Appreciate everybody on the form. I have a merry Christmas.
jbroder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Merry Christmas! You've got a good plan - stay local, figure out the RV and what works / what doesn't. Be prepared for cold weather - the heater loves propane, a second tank (if not already onboard) may be handy. Many of us use electric blankets on the bed - with hook-ups power is not an issue - with a decent inverter ditto. Check ahead and see if the water is turned on in the campground. If you've got sewer connections that's great - if not, a 5-gallon bucket comes in handy.

Good books, games, videos, etc. help pass the time. We focus on one-pot, easy meals and use the grill a lot. A glass of wine, water and your favorite after-dinner treat makes for a nice evening.
Old 12-25-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Merry Christmas! You've got a good plan - stay local, figure out the RV and what works / what doesn't. Be prepared for cold weather - the heater loves propane, a second tank (if not already onboard) may be handy. Many of us use electric blankets on the bed - with hook-ups power is not an issue - with a decent inverter ditto. Check ahead and see if the water is turned on in the campground. If you've got sewer connections that's great - if not, a 5-gallon bucket comes in handy.

Good books, games, videos, etc. help pass the time. We focus on one-pot, easy meals and use the grill a lot. A glass of wine, water and your favorite after-dinner treat makes for a nice evening.
Merry Christmas to you too. Got lots of RV related gifts today. Really looking to our first trip up to the lake on January 20. Thank you for the hints. Lots of wine sounds really good. I may need a 10 pound bucket.lol
Old 12-26-2023, 04:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroder View Post
My wife, Tammy and I are new owners of a 2018 Winnebago micro mini 2 108DS. First time RVers. We are looking to our first trip up to the lake where we live in mid January. We want to stay local first to make sure we got all the necessary procedures down. Any thoughts from anyone would really help. Looking forward to more information on this forum. Appreciate everybody on the form. I have a merry Christmas.
Good plan. It takes a while to learn the ins and outs of your rig. Owners manuals are generally non specific but, mine came with a packet of all the appliance manuals and most of the other equipment. It is worth the time and effort to read them.

My trailer has two 20# tongue mount propane tanks. I carry two spares in the truck in the winter time. This way I have extra and can use my two burner Camp Chef stove outside when the weather is nice.

It is good to have full hookups, be close to stores, close to home, and close to your dealer on your first trip out. I have never had an RV where at least one or more items didn't need warranty work after the first trip.

Have fun!
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 06:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the encouragement. Hopefully all the bugs have been worked out since it’s a 2018. We’ve been going up and just adding things to storage. We’ve been making sure we have all the necessary connections and things that may help. I actually just bought a LevelMatePRO and I went ahead and installed. I think that would really help us a little bit. We will let you know how things go after our first adventure on January 20 up to our local lake which is about 2530 minutes away. Have a great day.
Old 12-26-2023, 09:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Noted that you are in Augusta GA.
Can still get cold enough within a 200 mi range to require running the furnace at night. Suggest you test furnace before leaving. Fill up your propane tanks at Tractor Supply. Carry extra fuses of all amperage’s. If the tires are OEm, you should definitely buy new tires before taking any trip. The two most dangerous things that can happen are a propane leak, or an exploding tire. Carry a well equipped toolbox. TPMS desirable. 12v inflator is a good idea as well.
Old 12-26-2023, 11:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for the advice. I didn’t realize that tractor supply filled up propane tanks. That is good to know.

Tags