Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2022, 12:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide Out and Jacks for Winnie Adventurer 2008

Hello Friends

Can someone help me with my slide outs and Jacks. Both Slide outs and jacks working sometimes and doesn't work next time. I can hear the noise but slide outs not moving. Sometimes if I leave for overnight they start working in the morning. New batteries and new inverter. Don't know what to do. Need help.
Avtinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

What model 2008 Adventurer do you have and what kind of slides and jacks does it have? We can't help without complete information.

Also, "I can hear the noise" isn't very specific.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Bob is correct in that one of the big things about getting the correct info is to start with knowing which Rv we are dealing with, so that info is vital as there are lots of different 2008 Adventurers. Can you spot which from this group?

One of the more general ideas is to check the manual to make sure you are doing it in the correct way and that is often missing/skipping having the engine running when using either as most manuals suggest. That is one way to make sure the power hungry things like the pump have the power they need to work correctly. Also doing the leveling and slides in the correct order is important.
Without checking the manual, most of us would likely be doing it wrong!

But then another frequent problem is that the fluid tank is not full enough and that can be a problem even if we do check the book as the books seem to confuse several here who have reported trouble. That can be one of the on again/off again things if we are parking on hills to make the fluid level uneven.
My thoughts on the fluid is to check the book and see if it matches what you have and then if it still might be a problem, top the fluid off to the top!

But then it is always possible there are solenoids which control where the fluid moves and one may be sticking!
Attached Images

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
My thoughts on the fluid is to check the book and see if it matches what you have and then if it still might be a problem, top the fluid off to the top!
HWH pump fluid reservoirs have a dipstick built in to the screw in cap, but sometimes it's difficult to see the fluid on it. In any case, the correct fluid level is 1" from the top. No damage will ensue if you overfill the pump, the cap has a relief valve. It will, however, purge the excess fluid and make a big mess, staining your driveway, etc. (Don't ask how I know.) So make sure you put down some plastic and something absorbent like kitty litter before operating your pump after filling, even if you're sure you have it at the correct level. A couple of rags around the cap will help as well.

Here are a couple of helpful links. You'll need your exact model designation for the first one, which will ID what slide/jack system you have. The second one will lead you to manuals, procedures, etc.:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/winnebago2017_diagrams.html

Tech Support, Manuals, Online Schools – General Information – HWH® Corporation
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 05:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

On my 2008 38 ft model the tank was up under the slide as if behind the drivers seat.
tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, jacks, slide, slide out, vent