Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2023, 05:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Newbie to Winnie Owners group 2012 View 24J

Thank you for the add to the Winnie owners group. We purchased our 2012 Winnebago View 24J in 2019 after I lost my job in the banking industry. Unfortunately, we haven't traveled as much as we planned with covid and family commitments. Looking forward to learning from fellow RVers.
Thanks, Becky
Goodtimes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Becky,
Sorry to hear about your job loss.
The great thing about having a motorhome is close-by destinations can be economical & fun too. I know that many of us haven't been able to get the long-distance trips in that we hoped for, but the best thing about a motorhome is the moment you pull out of the driveway, you are on vacation! Even if it is just for a one-nighter, it is that change-of-pace many of us need; at least now and then.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-10-2023, 07:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Assuming this Rv is a new one to you, many things that we get used to as we go along can be really confusing as we get going. If thge whole RV thing is new, it can seem to be just baffleing!
But that is one place where I feel Winnebago does a much better job than other brnads which we have owned. They seem to try to get us info and lend a hand on keeping the RV going.
So maybe you've not found a lot of the info they have opnline but a few links might help fill in some of the gaps left by the manuals? Manuals tend to be the "simple" version of things and may tell you to close this valve but fail to tell you WHERE that vavle can be found!!
So a few places to look for tons of info that may help find the way?
Home page for Winnebago:
Lots of things like shopping that you may be beyond after buying but under the "owners" tab, there is a tub full of other sites to learn a lot of vital things about the specific RV you have.

Manuals and guides of all sorts are often good as they tell you thing like exactly how to ID the RV you have and what chassis it rides on! Sounds obvious but a little secret is that the chassis is often of a year older than the RV we buy. Not a scam but just the way the builders buy chassis and then gradually build an RV on top, so the finish date of the RV is used if we want to buy parts for it but if we want things like brakes, we need to know what model year the chassis is called!
Hint? There is a label somewhere near the drivers side which gives you a ton of info on things like that.

One site I really like and referr to often is the "interactive parts catalog" as it's a place where we can get lots of stuff without having to crawl all over in the rV to find things like the holding tanks and where the drains might be!
When it bad out, whether 110 or six inches of snow on the ground, I find it handy to look at the parts if I can't remember where the water heater bypass is found or where to open the drains!
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Great site but it does have a learning curve that comes easier if you have used it some. I almost live there some days so if you feel some pointers on getting around the site would speed things, just wave a flag and I'm open to passing along what I've learned on it.
Welcome and enjoy the trek!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, view