Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2023, 08:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to me 2005 Adventurer 33v

Just purchased a 2005 Winnebago Adventure, unit only has 15000 miles. It is the first class a I have had, I have had 5th wheels before but thought this was a good one, so a new learning curve for me.
okfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by okfine View Post
Just purchased a 2005 Winnebago Adventure, unit only has 15000 miles. It is the first class a I have had, I have had 5th wheels before but thought this was a good one, so a new learning curve for me.
Welcome. With your 5'r experience you already have most of the knowledge you need, the rest is learning the truck part. Fortunately, Winnebago provides a ton of online resources including wiring and plumbing diagrams, etc. The parts manual can be extra valuable in that it has diagrams that can help you locate things. All this can be found at:

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources

Here are a couple of priorities for you, considering you have a 2005:

1. One of the first things you should read up on in this forum is the maintenance of your MH's roof cove edges. Here's a link to a helpful site:

https://www.lichtsinn.com/blog/roof-...e-for-your-rv/

And a recent forum post:

https://www.lichtsinn.com/blog/roof-...e-for-your-rv/

AZ Expert's Youtube channel has a number of videos on what can go wrong if you don't stay on top of this maintenance:

https://www.youtube.com/@AZExpert

2. Also, many Winnebagos, including the 2005 vintage, have leaky windshield issues that can cause major damage if not attended to. You can do a search on Winnieowners for more information on this. In doing so, use the Google search box, not the forum search function. It's much better and more tightly focused. If there's no sign of leakage, a strip of Eternabond tape across the top of your windshield moulding, sealing it to the fiberglass, is good insurance. The moulding itself doesn't seal so just leave it in place. The tape is much easier and, in my experience, more effective than trying to seal underneath the moulding.

Another hint to a new owner: Your chassis' alternator will charge your house batteries, but, in most cases, your chassis (starting) battery won't be charged by shore power.

Given your 5'r experience you may already know that dealers aren't the best places for service. Find a good, independent RV shop and a good, independent truck repair shop that services your brand chassis.

While you're getting started you might want to go to the User CP in the toolbar and set up a signature block similar to mine listing the particulars of your MH,, including your chassis model and manufacturer (Ford?, Workhorse?). That way, even if you forget to tell us, we'll always know what you have. Similarly if you update your profile to include at least an approximate location, it's helpful to us in answering questions that might be climate related or in recommending service locations.
BobC is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent