Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Owner of 2014 Itasca Sunstar 31KE

Just arrived home from British Columbia to Calgary,Alberta. What an adventure thru Rogers Pass and over the awesome Kickhorse Pass part of the Trans Canada highway. They will be closing soon to reconstruct. Darn near shook my teeth out but the MH preformed very well. Lots of power so easy to drive. My last MH was a 1995 Pace Arrow Vision. Loved it but big and heavy. Our 31KE is powerful and so easy to drive. Unfortunatel, the seller in BC was being nice and de-winterized for me but arriving in Calgary to zub zero temps and a blizzard and can't for the life of me find the fresh water drain. Any help would be appreciated as the manual doesn't seem to help...or I'm a little thick.
Any advice from more experienced owners would sure be welcomed. I do plan on towing a car as some point as well. Can't wait to start camping!!
Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Canuk,
You will find your instructions on page 7-14 of the 2015 owner's manual. That manual is a special version made for Sunstar models 26HE & 31KE, but this specific manual wasn't released until a year after your 2014 31KE was built.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 04-13-2022, 07:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

And just thinking manuals are not always clear? I like pictures!

Winnebago gives us a great tools for "looking through walls" and finding parts here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

You can sort to your year, make, model and sometimes even need the serial number but once you get there, you can get a really good look at where and what you have as well as the part numbers if you need to dig further.

Click a part on the drawing and it ID's on the list or click the name and it shows yellow on the drawing! Cross symbol at lower left will let you click thecross, thenan item on the drawing and it will stay centered as you zoom or tilt the RV to get a better look. Takes some playing to learn the controls but lots easier than crawling around the RV!

I did a couple snips of the fresh water system on your RV, one for overall location and one close up to point to two valves you need as well as a warning on a filter which might/might nothold water if it is turned to hang down and it doesn't drain the water but holds it to break??? I turn my filter so it is bottom up to drain better, so I don't have to remember to remove it to dump!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh drain copy.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	182491   Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh water drain 2 copy.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	182492  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:37 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Had the same model 2014 to 2016 you have just acquired and we loved it. Never even had a hiccup with it! Took it from Georgia to Alaska and back- what a great trip and the perfect rig. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca