Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
MicroMinnie 2018DS

New Micro Minnie Winnnie Owners

Hi all,

The wife and I are still pretty new to the travel trailer scene. Before we picked up our 2020 2108DS we had a Jayco Hummingbird 17FD for two years. We enjoyed it but soon learned it was too small. We like the Micro Minnie for the north/south bed and increased storage space, along with being a bit bigger. The Jayco just had too little space for those days we might get stuck inside due to weather. Folding up the be and putting up the seats goes a long way to being comfortable in lousy weather, or so we hope.

We had our shakedown trip last week, to the Dry Falls Sun Lakes State Park in central Washington state. It was nice not having to climb over each other to get in and out of bed, and the dogs seemed better with more space on the floor. The larger dinette is a plus as well.

Next week, we are off to Mt Hood in Oregon for trip number two. Hope to have some slide-out drawers done (beneath the dinette's seats) by the time we go. We'll lose some of the storage space off to the side of the drawers I build, but the convenience of being able to get at things should ameliorate that loss. Next project after that will be putting in a better fan above the bed, the Winxx I think it is.

Glad to be a pair of Winnebago warriors!
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hi

I am new to the RV scene as well. Just bought my firs travel trailer, a 2021 Micro Minnie 1808FBS, last May in time to use it for the Memorial Day weekend. Trying to learn all I can about maintaining it and hoping I don’t break anything doing it, lol. Guess I am not alone in liking the Micro Minnie model.
nOOb hauler is offline   Reply With Quote