Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Micro Minnie 2106DS Owner

New Micro Minnie Owners! I have a mattress question.

We are picking up our red 2106DS Tuesday and couldn’t be more excited! We are upgrading from a high wall pop up that we loved but are really looking forward to less setup. I have a mattress question. Ours has the folding full size mattress. Can we put a mattress topper on it or will it not fold with a topper? Any other suggestions are appreciated!
Wendyswinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi Wendyswinnie,

Congratulations on your 2106DS, I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed our 2108DS that we purchased last year!

When you mention yours having a folding mattress, I am assuming that you are referring to the Murphy bed in the up position?

We have a mattress topper on our Murphy bed and there is no problem with it returning to the up position. The bed is always at an angle in the up position, due to the angle of the front wall, and does not appear any different with or without the mattress topper.

Brian
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #3

Hi RoadRunner!
Ours is the 2016 model before they started making them with the true Murphy bed. The foot of the mattress literally folds for the sofa to be set up. I’m hoping I can still put a topper on it. Guess I’ll have to wait until Tuesday to see!
Wendyswinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyswinnie View Post
We are picking up our red 2106DS Tuesday and couldn’t be more excited! We are upgrading from a high wall pop up that we loved but are really looking forward to less setup. I have a mattress question. Ours has the folding full size mattress. Can we put a mattress topper on it or will it not fold with a topper? Any other suggestions are appreciated!
That’s exactly what we did in our 2108DS, however, after sleeping on it for a month I am going to order something different. The original is now dished so that we roll to the middle. Not sure what to get yet, but the weight will need to be similar so that we can still flip up the bed easily.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #5

Are you on Facebook? If so, there is a Minnie Winnie group you can join. It’s very active and there is lots of discussion about mattresses. A lot of people have posted what kind they replaced the original with.