Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2024, 03:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New member with 2023 Minnie 2529RG

Hello everyone,

My wife & I recently traded in our 2019 Micro Minnie for a new 2023 Minnie 2529rg. We live in Pennsylvania, but the listed price for the Minnie was too good to pass up. So, we packed up the micro, drove to South Carolina, traded it in, and drove the Minnie home. We discovered a few issues on the way back that are covered under warranty, but the closest (2 hrs) Winnebago dealer (where we purchased the '19 Micro) told me they were too booked & they were not accepting new clients. That being the case, the rep from Winnebago's towable customer service department has shipped me the replacement parts--the ac roof shroud, a gray tank valve, & the HDMI cable from the back of the TV to the JBL unit. Now we are waiting for Coach net to locate and dispatch a mobile tech to do the labor. It remains to be seen if Winnebago will cover the cost of the mobile tech visit.

But, that's not why I'm writing.

Another issue is the shower door. When you open the door to get out of the shower, the door retracts into a tube-like receptacle. The water that is on the door drips down to the bottom of the tube, & then drips onto the floor between the shower and the vanity cabinet, creating a nice sized puddle. The bottom of the tube overhangs the edge of the shower wall by about 1/4". I could try caulking up the open space, but then where would the water go? Winnebago's warranty guy said to re-close the door after getting out. That doesn't sound like much of a solution to me. We're thinking tension rod/shower curtain. Has anyone else experienced this and discovered a better method of dealing with it?
Hopefully, any future posts by me won't be as lengthy (ie. no more problems).
Happy Memorial Day !!
Thanks,
Andy
atrancebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Andy,
Here are a couple of prior Threads on the subject:
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-29-2024, 09:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2023 Minnie shower

Thanks, Eagle 5 for the info Looks like a shower curtain is the way to go.

Happy Trails,
Andy
atrancebago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags