Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2024, 06:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No 120v Power 2016 Via 25T

I have a 2016 Via 25T and I can't get any 120 power with either the generator or shore plug in. I am thinking the transfer switch but don't know where it is any ideas?
Rudy Rathert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 08:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check to verify if it is ALL or only part failed? No microwave lights? No power to outlet? Will do a check and be back ASAP!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 08:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Whoops? I assume this might be anew to you RV?
I see no transfer switch but what we sometimes call a "manual switch! The cord which plugs to shore power has to be plugged to an outlet on the RV and then the generator feeds the RV!
Big plug likely in the same compartment where cord is found?
Old 05-26-2024, 08:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Your 110AC layout shows the cord and outlet. I also marked the main breaker to check if ALL is out.
If finding just some out, there is a GFCI which is a common thing to click off and need reset!
Good luck and let us know if that solved it?
Click this snip for best view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	120 pow.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	189055
Old 05-27-2024, 05:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

it is a 2016 via the plug is hooked up no lights no microwave, does the gfi need electricity coming to rest? seems like I can't hear either one of them reset Rudy
Old 05-27-2024, 06:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yes, the GFCI has to have power before rest!
Some things to check are that the outlet where plugged has power? Is there a breaker there that needs turned on?
when you say no lights, do you mean no inside lights or no lights on the microwave?
The microwave light only uses 110 power but the inside ceiling lights are 12volt and work off the battery!
For now, turn the inverter off ot make sure it is not running the batteries down!
If the batteries are down, can you start the Generator? If it starts, then you can try plugging the cord into the generator outlet box.

If you can't do the generator, try starting the RV engine. That is a different battery and should start okay. When it is running, the two batteries will be connected together and that will let the inside lights and RV things start to work when they get power from the engine alternator.
If you find things work when the engine is running, it may be that the coach batteries are run down. One way this can happen is if the inverter is left on and no 110AC power is going to the m to keep them charge while the inverter is using lots of their power.
When plugged to power, it is best to turn the inverter off.
Do you have a way to test voltage?
V
Old 05-27-2024, 08:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

all 12volt lights work just the 120 that I don't have. generator runs no 120 power when I plug in to shore power or generator still think there must be a transfer switch somewhere I able to run the television with the inverter Rudy
Old 05-27-2024, 09:04 AM   #8
Site Team

First place to look is the Operator's Manual. And guess what, in the electrical section 6-6 you'll find that you don't have an automatic transfer switch. You have to manually plug and unplug both the shore power cable and the generator cable into a generator power inlet.

That may not be the issue but it's a place to start.

If you have an inverter (it was an option on some 2016 Via's) check to ensure the GFCI hasn't popped on the side of the inverter. I'm not sure but it's possible that could be the cause because all 120v passes through the inverter, even when it's not inverting.

Here's a screen shot of the setup on your 2016 Via:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 10.01.38 AM.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	189061  
Old 05-27-2024, 10:39 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

As I said no power I can't get either GFCI to reset Rudy
Old 05-27-2024, 12:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Yes, the answer now is still the same as it was four hours ago when you first asked!
If the whole RV is out of 120 AC, there is no point in considering the GFCI nor the inverter as they are only a small part of the whole.

If none of the items on the right side of the drawing work, there is little reason to worry about fixing anything on the left side!

If there is no power coming OUT of the cord, I would first check there is power going INTO the cord!
Old 05-27-2024, 05:09 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Got it! I was not aware that all 120 went thru the inverter the GFCI on the inverter was bad fix it now everything works as it should. Thanks ever body!
Old 05-27-2024, 06:01 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Well?

A lot of folks would not think you could do that much on a 15 amp breaker feeding a 1000 watt inverter!
But having an Air conditioner with a GFCI in the line is kind of special, too!

Tags
power