Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New member, new coach, new B with questions

Hello all,

My wife and I recently purchased a new to us 2014 Winnebago View profile V. It only has about 11K miles and is in very good condition. We have been looking for a long time, had a couple feelers out and was able to locate, look it over and lock it up before it hit the market...so we will soon get to experience what a PDI is all about. This is our first RV, and first diesel so while we both can tinker and look forward to mods, we are total noobs here and might need some assistance. We are pushing the inspection date back as far as possible as we are dealing with hospice situation currently and would like them to not intertwine if possible. We can wait a couple weeks till next month when we celebrate our 25th Anniversary!
Looking for an RVIA person or maybe someone from the group in the Sacramento area that might want to help me inspect this coach? Also looking for recommendations for Sprinter dealerships or mechanics that can work on these rigs...I remember reading that these new sprinters like to be driven and we worry about one that has been so lightly used over the last few years. We will also be installing some add ons after purchase so if you can share experiences it would be more than awesome and very much appreciated. Welcome all comments and questions...will start another thread soon about our buying experience with questions about warranties...oh boy!

Winnaboogie
winnaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the family. I have a View also and have made a few updates after many years and many other units. Here is a list to help your thought process:
There is a quick summary of the modifications I have made to my 2017 View24V:
1) added Helwig sway bar
2) added Suto suspensions to front and rear
3) added 300 watts of solar
4) upgraded to two Trogen T-1275 battery's, 300 amp/hr
5) added Trik-L-Start charger
6) added three 12v outlet
7) added side view cameras,
8) added a Garmin Dezi770 RV gps
9) added drawer lock buttons
10) added shelving in closet for kitchen storage
11) added a 12v exhaust fan to back of refrigerator.
12)changed back TV to a smart TV for WiFi connection
13) added dish sat with a Wally receiver.
14) added two speakers to the dash radio
15) added a central vacuum by Red Devil
16) added an "Extend-A-Stay" propane modification

Might be others but it is a start. Enjoy.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

If you need any info on any of these just let me know.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks,

We are creating a plan of action after taking possession, the coach has HWH levelers added, we are looking for the option sheet, if there is one. We plan to boondock more so than not so we want to fill roof with solar, upgrade batteries and inverter. Also Trik L Start and Surge protecter, along with Bosch valve extensions and maybe new tires?(6 years old) That will get us started and we will figure out the rest. We are going to opt out of extended warranty, did a search on the underwriters and found 93 reviews...1 four star, 1 two star, and 91 one star reviews. Horror stories of denied claims, we will start a savings account with $5000 and put $200 a month in it and use it for maintenance.

winnaboogie
winnaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Very sound plan.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the fray. I'm in Visalia if you need anything.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags