Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Colorado Drop

Hi - I’m Paul from Denver, new here, recently bought a Drop and already loving all the info and ideas on this site. Did my first trip to Cottonwood Pass last week and had a ball, looking forward to learning and getting to know some good camping peeps. Will see if I can figure out the photo thing…
pbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Paul,
Very glad you are enjoying your Winnie Drop.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-21-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Nice, we used to fish a lot near there on Chalk creek. Beautiful area. Welcome to the nut house!

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F5CD225A-0C10-4942-BDDC-52A2C199E103.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	180900  
Old 09-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Ok, I guess the photo thing works, just delayed. Are all the posts subject to moderation or just for brand new members? Being off grid made me realize I need to upgrade the battery and/or controller charger. I’ll find a better forum to ask questions about that. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #6
Site Team

Hi again Paul,
Yes, all posts are subject to moderation, but it is just the stuff you might expect.
I would recommend that you use the site search box to find previous posts about battery upgrades.
If you like, browse to the topic category which best fits, and start a new thread with your questions about battery systems.
Your picture looks great, and your trailer looks great!
Eagle5
Old 09-22-2021, 08:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Where were you on Cottonwood Pass? I’m looking for a good dispersed area near there. I know there’s some near Cottonwood lake. Was it crowded?
FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Where were you on Cottonwood Pass? I’m looking for a good dispersed area near there. I know there’s some near Cottonwood lake. Was it crowded?
Early on the east side of the pass is a side road (354?) to Cottonwood Campground. We arrived on a Friday afternoon during leaf season so yes it was crowded but we still got a great spot. We could see our neighbors but couldn’t hear them. Drive past the campground and there are lots of pull outs and eddys to camp in. Most spots (the best ones) require higher clearance but there were a few flat spots. We will definitely go back. Enjoy.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarrow View Post
Ok, I guess the photo thing works, just delayed. Are all the posts subject to moderation or just for brand new members?
Just new members. After you pass a certain number of posts your photos will not need moderation. So, yes, the delay was for a staff member to review and approve your post. We do this for both links and photos in any new member’s posts to screen for spammers.

Also, you attempted to use a Google app link and those will never work. Google doesn’t allow its app to host content posted to other sites. You need to download the photo to you computer, tablet or phone and the attach the photo to your post using the Attacment feature in the Advanced Editor (not Quick Reply).

I approved the image and put the info about Google in the Reason for Editing notation in that post.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:23 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Awesome. Thanks! Sounds like where I was considering. My neighbors went up to Buena Vista last weekend and said it was terribly crowded, but I think even getting a little off the beaten path helps a lot. I am really hoping to get up there in the next couple of weeks. I have a 2100BH with pretty high clearance so it might be a good test to see where I can go. Great trailer btw. Love the color. The pic you posted looks like a wonderful time and place, plus the weather was so nice.
FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote