Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-29-2023, 05:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just joined 2014 Itasca Meridian 34B family

We just purchased a 2014 Itasca Meridian 34B as an "upgrade" to our 2016 Coachmen Concord in anticipation of my retirement next year. I have been involved with RVs for over 40 years in one form or another. I even built two from scratch back in the early '80s using Glen-L plans.

Looking forward to the fun and games of a DP vs an E-450.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:36 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Aaron,
Congratulations on your retirement next year. An interesting collection of RV plans there at Glen-L. What two did you build?
Welcome back to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 10-29-2023, 11:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi Aaron,
Congratulations on your retirement next year. An interesting collection of RV plans there at Glen-L. What two did you build?
Welcome back to the Forum.
Eagle5
The truck camper was the Dixie, I believe the TT was the Niagara, however, I recall it being a 26' not a 20'. I believe parts of it are still down in the woods where it ended up as a hunting cabin. They were a basic sticks and tin build, not that complicated.

Aaron
Old 10-29-2023, 12:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you are a guy that likes to know where they put what and how things fit together, there is a great site for the post 2010 RV here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

It's a combo of us folks who want to know and the new stuff we have to figure out how to make it work to see what we want.
Great stuff but tricky to learn to drive it?
But when it's cold and wet out and you have just got a new RV, it sure can tell you lots of things without you crawling around in the cold to find!
Winter's coming to my house today and if I had an RV to winterize, I would love to find the drains without working that hard to find them!

Handy hints?
Get to the things you want like plumbing and then if you want to look closer at one item, click on the + sign in lower left and then on the part. That will keep that part centered as you scroll to zoom of drag the curser to turn it around.
The part you click on will turn yellow and pop up in the parts list at right.
If you find the part in the list at right, click it there and it lights yellow on the drawing.
Handy for things like an inverter you find in the list but want to know where they hid it?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for that Morich!

I have hit the pages a couple of times just perusing. I am sure I will wear it out before I'm done. The unit we purchased is suffering from benign neglect. Nothing major that I have discovered (yet), just a handful little of things that need attention. We got a decent deal, well below market, the dealer doesn't normally sell DPs and wanted it gone, sooner rather than later. They are part of a national network and it was transferred in from a different location. I spent about 4 hours going over it with a 12-page checklist.

Aaron

Tags
itasca