Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello from Sherwood OR - 2010 Journey

Well, we've taken the plunge. After 25 years of trailering we went in with my in-laws on a Class A motorhome. 2010 Winnebago Journey. It has 40k on the clock and some minor issues (that we know of) but looks great. After two inspections and a long trail of passed over coaches we picked this one. Driving this motorhome is a bit daunting at first. I learned real fast when there is a tree nearby choose the center lane if there are two lanes, choose the middle of the road, lol. The last 5 days were spent widening our driveway entrance to accommodate the wide turning radius. My little tractor was abused handling 40 cubic yards of digging and rock placement. We purchased all new tires and need to replace coach batteries. The generator works fine one day and won't start the next. I suspect coach batteries and or connections, lost ground? Read somewhere to look at the connection at the Gen starter for corrosion. This weekend the four of us are going to a nice campground at Cannon Beach Oregon for a get acquainted and shake down cruise. This campground is in a very open area and within three blocks of the beach. I love these forums for gathering information and seeking out people who've been there and resolved that! We'll shoot some pics after the weekend. I'm quite sure Dave and Terry, Frank and Alice will have to interesting moments this weekend. DangerD- Dave for short.
DangerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome! Bunch of helpful folks here.

By all means, check the condition of your batteries, clean all terminals including the terminals at the genset. From your description, my guess is that your batteries have aged unequally.

Usually, only coach batteries start your genset. Don't know your set up, but we run four AGM deep cycle 6vdc. (Our rig came with three wet cell 12vdc). All batteries in your set up must be good. Two good and one bad is almost the same as three bad.

Best to have all batteries the same age so you don't get into a rolling failure situation.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey