Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-04-2023, 08:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello - 2021 Minnie 2301BHS TT

Good Morning Happy Campers!
My husband and I began our RV life almost a year ago . After living in a amazingly beautiful but cold and dark northern state for 17 years we sold our home and moved to one of the hottest southern states and began living full time in an RV. We started with a used (older) diesel pusher, but after a couple of months we came to the realization that it wa not for us and we traded it in and bought a 2021 Winnebago Minnie TT 2801 BHS model. It has been an “interesting “ journey this far. We have had multiple issues with our camper. I am not here to whine and complain though. I would just appreciate learning from others who have experienced similar issues and figure out the best way to get them fixed. We have been working with our local RV dealer (who sold us this one). They are always so slammed with work and it has taken 3 months for them to get back to us about warranty work. We talked with another couple in our campground and they highly recommended dealing with Winnebago cs as they were very helpful and much more responsive than the local service department. So here I am…ready to learn and willing to be taught. Thank you for adding me to your community 😊
Fjride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the group and hope you find it a good place to get info on those "mysteries" we all find !
We've been doing the Rv thing in different forms since way back and still have mysteries, so don't feel shy about asking questions! Very few of us were born knowing about RV, so we should all understand any amount of confusion you find!

I'm sorry to say that the trailer group is not as well supported by online info as the motorized but there may be some really good online info from Winnebago if not found that site yet?

https://www.winnebago.com/

Under the "owners" tab is where I find alot of good stuff!

Enjoy! Sometimes the new trek is like and Easter egg hunt?
It pays to look under ALL the bushes as you never know what you might find!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

We actually have a BHS 2301 which is 19’ 9” long ��
Old 09-06-2023, 10:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Dealers don’t want to accommodate warranty work because it pays less. They know if they put you off you’ll go away.

There is not much you can do about it either.

Most of us have learned to find fixes ourselves. Or if it involves 3rd party equipment like A/C units, fridges, water heaters, etc to contact the manufacturer of those items to get warranty support.

For the really tough issues that are not DIY friendly you can contact Winnebago Customer Support, tell them your dealer is not responsive and get approval to hire and independent tech to work on your TT with Winnebago paying for the work.

Waiting for months for warranty work is a false economy. I realize it’s not the way things are supposed to work. But to use your RV and not lose out on prime camping trips you have to take matters into your own hands.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Good to know

Such great insights. Thanks so much. We have an appointed on the 13th for dealer to fix the warranty issues….we shall see!